KT7A-RAID Melted my T-Bird!!!

G

Hello i would Just lek to ask if anyone else has experienced this problem

i recently bought a KT7A-RAID mobo and a 1.2ghz T-bird but i have found that the mobo outputs higher voltages then what it is set too for both I/O and CPU Core

for example if i set the CPU voltage to 1.75V (the default voltage for my CPU) the BIOS, MBM5 and Via Hardware Monitor all display the core Voltage at 1.86V that seems WAY! out of spec. my athlon has always run hot (as athlons have a tendency to do but today it died!.

under bios i watched in horror as the CPU temp climbed over 70 degrees celcious and i smelt burning the screen went dead and i now have a wonderful keychain...f**k

i just want to know if anyone has had this problem with this or any otehr board also if anyone knows if this sort of thing is covered by warrenty (i dont see y i should have to pay for a new CPU when i did nothing too it)

and for those of you out there who assume i was OCing i wasent ... the watercooler isnt done yet!

please lemmie know how otehrs have dealt with this problem thanks

The_dwarf
metaldwarf@hotmail.com

1.2ghz T-bird Melted by my faulty Abit Kt7A-RAID

i am not a happy camper

Bames_Jond

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
First of all i'd like to say that you are not going to get the CPU replaced. Atleast that is what I think.
I had a 800 Mhz Duron fried by a bad cooler. The company which I bought it at did not want to replace my CPU because they thought I had been overclocking it. When I told them that it was because of a bad CPU cooler they said that they could not replace the CPU since it was not there the error was. They would exchange my sucky worn out ThermalTake Dual Orb, which had been worn down by only 6 months use. Do I have to mention that I never buy ThermalTake sucky coolers anymore?!?!?!

If I where you i'd complain to Abit. See if they would replace your CPU. If you get them to do this i'd figure about replacing the mobo too. I have Asus A7V266 and i'm quite satisfied with it.

Good luck.

My name is Jond, Bames Jond.

My ACPI incompatible network adapter killed my SB Live!

G

i have called and bitched at Abit today i got the cold sholder at first getting passed from tech support to RMA to tech support to an hour on hold to only be disconnected.

this began to try on my patience adn i whent into bitch mode!

i called them back and when they asked to put me on hold i said no, when they told me they didnt sell CPUs i said i didnt care i whent all out. i think the line that got them was this
" i bought this product becuase abit was supposed to be the best, most reliable , stable product out there now why did i jst pay 300 hard earned dollars for a product that derstroys my hardware!?!"

this got me put throught to some (supposedly) high ranking person at abit (away from teh broken english of the tech support ppl in taiwan) i now am connected to "Jarremy" he has been very helpful and i would liek to tthank him at this point i have been somewhat prommised a new KG7-RAID and i believe the deal is if i send them teh reciet for my t-bird they will purchase me a CPU equivalent to it $248 for a 1.2ghz up here in canada (the canadain paso and all that)

so if anyone from abit reads this i would liek to thank them for this generous offer however it wold have been nice not to have had to deal with an hour of hold time only to be disconnected

Dwarf

BTW: add some hold music or something too dead silence is damn annoying...then again those stupid "please wait on the line we will be right with you" messages that are repeated every 8 seconds are annoyign ass hell too

1.2ghz T-bird Melted by my faulty Abit Kt7A-RAID

i am not a happy camper

G

Well done, must be a little bit happier at the camp now.

<font color=orange>Beam</font color=orange><font color=red> me</font color=red><font color=green> up</font color=green><font color=blue> Scotty</font color=blue>. :wink:

Bames_Jond

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
Nice! Please write and tell all of us if this really works out for you or not. I am suprised that Abit is so service minded most manufacturers would just have exchanged the mortherboard. Nice going man!!! :)

My name is Jond, Bames Jond.

My ACPI incompatible network adapter killed my SB Live!

TRENDING THREADS