XP shutdown error rundll32 hang

When shutting down or restarting my computer (xp home) I
have recently begun to receive an error which hangs up
the shutdown process: rundll32 end now or cancel I
choose "end now" and it resumes the shutdown process.
Any suggestions?

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I would run error checking. Need help? Open help and
support and search for "error checking"