reparing win XP files

khalid

Distinguished
May 9, 2004

Hi,
At the start up I get a pop up "path '-go-c8-w'" does not
exist or not in directory. Is there any way I could have
this rectified with out running XP installation again -
and If i do that is there an option to just repair the
files .
the norton scan says "gapi.dll" can't be accessed.
My win media player is also not playing "avi" files now .
I did mess up with windows explorer trying to remove a
adware /virus.
any help please ?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320550
Error Message: <Systemroot>\System32\Mapisrvr.exe Cannot Access a Necessary File,
"Gapi32.dll"

http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
Introduction to using scannow sfc (system file checker)

How Do I Do a "Repair Installation"?
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_install.htm

Also see:-
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315341
How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b307654
Install and Use the Recovery Console in WinXP

"Khalid" <psycare2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> At the start up I get a pop up "path '-go-c8-w'" does not
> exist or not in directory. Is there any way I could have
> this rectified with out running XP installation again -
> and If i do that is there an option to just repair the
> files .
> the norton scan says "gapi.dll" can't be accessed.
> My win media player is also not playing "avi" files now .
> I did mess up with windows explorer trying to remove a
> adware /virus.
> any help please ?

TRENDING THREADS