Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Battlefield 3 will not start on pc

Last response: in Video Games
October 4, 2011 12:44:09 AM

Hello,
i was wondering if anyone else is having a issue where when they click luanch from the web browser it says joining server then it just stops almost as if i didnt even try and i never clicked on it

More about : battlefield start

October 25, 2011 8:19:13 PM

Farside457 said:
Hello,
i was wondering if anyone else is having a issue where when they click luanch from the web browser it says joining server then it just stops almost as if i didnt even try and i never clicked on it

I'm having the same problem. No idea why. It was working earlier. But it started crashing and then finally it wouldn't even start. I've tried restarting my computer twice already and it's not helping. Help!
October 27, 2011 7:57:29 PM

I'm having the exact same issue. I had this problem with the beta also, I'm pretty sure it is my ATI Graphics Card Driver. I have tried just about everything to uninstall all old ATI software and reinstall the latest and greatest Radeon drivers, but I'm still having the same issue. I'm using an ASUS G73 Laptop, one of the earlier ones that runs every other game just fine. The video card that is welded to the motherboard is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870. Some help would be greatly appreciated!
Related resources
October 27, 2011 10:11:40 PM

It was a big issue in the beta,best thing to do is shut down your browser,shut down origin <---WHICH IS CRAP!! And restart it and it should be good to go.Remember to check your task manager to ensure origin has been shut down,doing this should help fix the issue.If it continues,there is nothing further you can really do untill ea fixes it.
October 29, 2011 6:00:42 AM

also havign this same problem, shutting down steam from sidebar and from task manager helped before but its not helping now, so i guess we gotta wait on EA
October 30, 2011 7:31:35 PM

UPDATE: I installed the specific driver recommended by AMD for Battlefield 3 BETA. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to use this driver for the full release of the game but it turns out that I do to get the game to even start. However, now I am having the same issues I had in the BETA which includes GSOD (Grey-screen-of-death) after about 1 or 2 minutes of game time for not only BF3, but Starcraft 2 also.
November 1, 2011 3:23:36 PM

UPDATE: I reinstalled the specific "Battelfield 3" ATI driver (linked at the bottom) and now the game seems to be working. I still have stability concerns but I havn't had the GSOD happen in a couple of days, any server crashes/issues are probably going to be origin's fault at this point. At least I got to play for 30 minutes. Cheers!

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU124AMDCat...
!