Problem with change the "amount of disk space"

I'm trying to change the amount of disk space Windows XP
will allocated to offline files. From a folder
window, Tools -> Folder Options -> Offline Files has a
slider control that lets me change this setting,
but changes to slider are not saved after I pressed OK/Apply.
The next time the dialog box is opened, the
slider is always back to its original value.

I've tried changing the setting from user as well as
administrator accounts, but the user privilege level does
not seem to matter.

I´ve tried on 5 computers, with same result.

Any ideas?

Tnx

bill

Ditto. Let's bring this question back into circulation. Same in SP1 or SP2.