I am unable to read/write to my disk. I'm getting the following message.

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer. Please contact your system administrator."

I'm the soles user of this computer and I have administrator privileges. How
can I get access to my disk drive?

Unable to Log You on Because of an Account Restriction
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290109&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"bullwinkel J. Moose" wrote:

| I am unable to read/write to my disk. I'm getting the following message.
|

| "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
| computer. Please contact your system administrator."
|
| I'm the soles user of this computer and I have administrator privileges. How
| can I get access to my disk drive?

Hi,

I tried this but there has been no change. I'm still locked out.

Is there any other way to change the access rules so that I can get into the
logical disks that are closed to me.

I'm running Windows XP Sp2. I'm at my wits end over this.
I have administrator privileges. I don't want to delete the user and then I
have to start over on another desktop. I have a lot of programs and I expect
I will lose access to them.