missing system32 file

Norton Win Doctor tells me that the following file is
missing and Norton has been unable to repair/reinstall it:
C\Windows\System32\mapisrvr.exe

Can someone tell me what I need to do?

Thanks very much,

Juan

Well, is your computer running fine? There are minor quirks with
Norton's WinDoctor program reporting missing files that are actually
installed correctly, but installed in a different location other than where
WinDoctor expects them to be. I would ignore the WinDoctor report.

Here is an example:

Error Message: <Systemroot>\System32\Mapisrvr.exe Cannot
Access a Necessary File, "Gapi32.dll"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320550

WinDoctor cannot fix the error "'C:\WINNT\System32\MAPISRVR.EXE'
cannot access a necessary file 'Gapi32.dll'"
http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nunt.nsf/ca9f46bcffa4bc3285256aa30052353c/7607b31f7355c0e2882569c4004da492?OpenDocument

The gapi32.dll file can be found on your Microsoft Office
installation CD.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Juan Muzquiz" wrote:

> Norton Win Doctor tells me that the following file is
> missing and Norton has been unable to repair/reinstall it:
> C\Windows\System32\mapisrvr.exe
>
> Can someone tell me what I need to do?
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> Juan