Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Crysis
  • Steam
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
October 4, 2011 7:30:10 PM

Crysis Maximum Edition on sale for 9.99 on steam right now; for all those that want to test their rigs, or just never picked this game up now is the time while its dirt cheap

More about : crysis maximum edition

October 4, 2011 7:40:20 PM

Nice, I have a physical copy of this I picked up for $20 and it was well worth it. I wonder if Steam fixed issues with the first Crysis running on Win7. None of Crytek's patches resolved the crashing, while on the same hardware under an XP boot it runs fine (only seems to effect 15-20% of players).

$10 is a steal.
m
l
October 5, 2011 6:36:27 AM

Sweet! I'm grabbing it first thing when I get back home tonight! Thanks for that Flint!
m
l
Related resources
October 5, 2011 12:58:39 PM

This is a nice sale. But I've already played all 3.
m
l
October 5, 2011 10:09:33 PM

I'm just hoping that the sale will bring some more participation in Crysis Wars. It's getting hard to find an active server.
m
l
October 6, 2011 4:32:31 AM

I still play Crysis Wars LAN with my friends. It's still really fun!
m
l
October 6, 2011 10:39:59 AM

I have all 3, i just wish they would have included Crysis 2 in this pack then everyone will go for this edition :p 
m
l
October 6, 2011 11:46:39 AM

rocky41 said:
I have all 3, i just wish they would have included Crysis 2 in this pack then everyone will go for this edition :p 

Crysis 2 wouldn't make it any more appealing
m
l
October 6, 2011 11:52:22 AM

Crysis>Crysis 2 in my humble opinion :) 

Regardless, excellent deal that should not be missed!

-Nih
m
l
October 6, 2011 12:38:16 PM

Me too
I too think Crysis is much better than Crysis 2. But Crysis 2 seems to have more action than Crysis, and much better gameplay. But the graphics, IMHO, looks way better in Crysis.
m
l
October 6, 2011 2:23:26 PM

I bought the max pack (steam) last Christmas and it's running fine on my Windows 7 computer.
m
l

Best solution

October 7, 2011 3:11:38 AM

Gman450 said:
Me too
I too think Crysis is much better than Crysis 2. But Crysis 2 seems to have more action than Crysis, and much better gameplay. But the graphics, IMHO, looks way better in Crysis.

The main difference to me between the two is the feel. Crysis1 gives instantaneous movement response from controls - it makes you feel like you're directly connected to the player, and the gunplay mechanics are awesome as well. Crysis 2 by comparison is slow and clunky, with that terrible jump lag....which is one reason I can't stand the multiplayer - compared to Crysis 1 it's like crawling through molasses after getting drunk. I'm so utterly disappointed that they totally abandoned the masterful FPS mechanics they introduced in the first game.

The giant weapon / narrow FOV thing is another thing I don't like. Even after modifying the FOV it still doesn't look "open" like Crysis. I don't know much about the subject, but I understand this is a difference of vertical FOV vs horizontal FOV implementation.
October 7, 2011 9:09:48 AM

Crysis 2 missed the freedom and the choices to be made by players and its more like a linear game which is quite slow compared to first two Crysis games. Graphically as being console port the graphics got poorer.

Crysis Warhead is the best game out of this series.Everytime i play warhead it feels like newer to me.
m
l
October 7, 2011 8:07:21 PM

Glad I saw this. I guess I know what I'm downloading tonight.
m
l
October 7, 2011 8:31:59 PM

sorry, but i posted that 3 days ago. It is back up to 39.99
m
l
October 7, 2011 8:32:57 PM

Best answer selected by FlintIronStagg.
m
l
October 7, 2011 8:39:15 PM

FlintIronStagg said:
sorry, but i posted that 3 days ago. It is back up to 39.99

Blast, I was hoping it'd be a week-long sale.
m
l
!