Sim City 3000 Unlimited Won't Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeman99

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Hello, I just installed Sim City 3000 unlimited today. It installed fine but the game won't run. Both the game and the building architect tool run with the maxis logo then nothing happens. I try compatibility mode but none work. Windows 2000 does the same thing without compatibility, Windows N.T SP4 asks for the game disk when its already in the drive, and Windows 95,98,and ME give me an error saying "Sim City 3000 Unlimited has encountered a problem and needs to close." I really appreciate any help.
My Specs are:
Windows XP SP3 32-Bit
892 megs of memory
a 160 gig hard drive
around 1.0 - 1.6 gigahertz AMD Athalon 2650e CPU
A Nvidia 6150SE Geforce graphics card
1gb DDR
8x DVD-RW
An eMachines Keyboard
A Taryus PS/2 Optical Mouse
Computer Made By eMachines in 2007
Disk is in near perfect condition.

Thank you

Solution
Since this is a pretty old title (1998, right?), maybe it's a hardware compatibility issue here, and not software to blame. Do you have an older PC or maybe a friend of yours have one, on which you could try the game? And while at it, try and install it on a machine with internet access and see if you can update the game in any way? Maybe there's some kind of patch, ironing out some of the issues?

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Since this is a pretty old title (1998, right?), maybe it's a hardware compatibility issue here, and not software to blame. Do you have an older PC or maybe a friend of yours have one, on which you could try the game? And while at it, try and install it on a machine with internet access and see if you can update the game in any way? Maybe there's some kind of patch, ironing out some of the issues?

Solution

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Good to know you've solved it, mate! Have fun, you're welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.