EQ2 - Wholesaler question

cmatt

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

Assume that you have accumulated 4 xyz clusters, and you go to your
wholesaler and (coincidentally) get a quest to collect 15 xyz
clusters. Do the 4 clusters already collected count toward the 15?

I have a char in that situation, and the 4 already collected do not
show up in the quest window ie shows 0/15 not 4/15. hmm

Tx

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:54:23 -0500, cmatt <cmattl@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

>Assume that you have accumulated 4 xyz clusters, and you go to your
>wholesaler and (coincidentally) get a quest to collect 15 xyz
>clusters. Do the 4 clusters already collected count toward the 15?
>
>I have a char in that situation, and the 4 already collected do not
>show up in the quest window ie shows 0/15 not 4/15. hmm
It's the getting the clusters from the nodes that seems to trigger the
quest journal. If you already have them then no they don't count
toward the quest you just got.

__
Wulfbones 16 Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
Wulfrunner 15 Gnome Predator Qeynos Antonia Bayle
WUlfkiller 12 Gnome Warrior Qeynos Antonia Bayle
Wulffy 16 Gnome Summoner Qeynos Antonia Bayle

Wulfbones

Wolfie

cmatt wrote:
> Assume that you have accumulated 4 xyz clusters, and you go to your
> wholesaler and (coincidentally) get a quest to collect 15 xyz
> clusters. Do the 4 clusters already collected count toward the 15?

No, since you didn't collect them for the quest. It's the
same with getting a quest to go kill mobX -- you have
to kill them after getting the quest, previous kills don't
count.

> I have a char in that situation, and the 4 already collected do not
> show up in the quest window ie shows 0/15 not 4/15. hmm

See?

The 'shortcut' around that is to give the clusters to someone
else and have them give them back to you one at a time.
They would then be counted. That's a bug/exploit/feature;
the game only knows you're getting them one at a time, the
same as if you were collecting them.

wrote:

>Assume that you have accumulated 4 xyz clusters, and you go to your
>wholesaler and (coincidentally) get a quest to collect 15 xyz
>clusters. Do the 4 clusters already collected count toward the 15?

No.

HOWEVER...

If you give the 4 clusters to a friend, and he passes them back to you
*one at a time* then you'll get credit for each one.

A stack is no good, as you only get credit for 1, not the while stack.

And pulling them froma bank doesn't work, either.

And what's with all the carrots ?

Patrik

Feature: http://tinyurl.com/6tdas [1]

[1] http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=Newbie&message.id=44616#M44616