I don't like this newsgoup format

Microsoft says its protecting our identity when using net passport, but when
I post a message I got to go into net passport and give my e-mail address and
my IP Address my computer is given when I post a message .If I want to be
anomous as before , I can't.

Don't believe me , post a message and read their documentation.

Microsoft made the change because a few folks were abusing
the newsgroups in many ways. I , for one, welcome the added
security and the elimination of bogus posters whose intent was
to disrupt the usefulness of the newsgroups.

You can find additional information by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
and clicking on the "Help" button located
next to the "Sign In" button.

As always, Microsoft reserves the right to
make changes to the terms and conditions
of their web sites without notice.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"larryfergy6" wrote:

| Microsoft says its protecting our identity when using net passport, but when
| I post a message I got to go into net passport and give my e-mail address and
| my IP Address my computer is given when I post a message .If I want to be
| anomous as before , I can't.
|
| Don't believe me , post a message and read their documentation.

matt

Everytime I turn on my computer, the registration keeps coming up, I enter
the information everytime. How do I get rid of it, so that it doesn't come up
everytime.

Which program is asking for registration information?
--
Ted Zieglar

"Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Everytime I turn on my computer, the registration keeps coming up, I enter
> the information everytime. How do I get rid of it, so that it doesn't come
up
> everytime.

When you have to use net passport to sign in, after you give your password,
check box to remember password.