gasman

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

For some reason lately, my restore options have been limited. For instance,
the calander willl not let me restore my computer in the month of September.
I have checked all the frequently asked questions section in Microsoft
Support and thought someone out there may have a suggestion or two. I have
enough disc space, my restore is set to "on," and have gone into my
administration tools section and looked under services and it is checked as
running. Any help? thanks

Hi

The main reason for lack of SR checkpoints is the amount of disk space
allocated to it. The default is 12%, which in most cases now, is far too
much. I have allocated SR 500 MBs of disk space which gives me 6/7
checkpoints. Going back too far may be detrimental your system.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User