NFS Cabon Slow on Maximum

Status
Not open for further replies.

waspzz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
HI..I recently installed NFS carbon 1.2 on my new pc. I was playing it before on my older PC but since the recent NFS game releases really suck, I decied to install NFS carbon on my new PC.
At 1st I configured the setting to maximum casue i have an OK rig and Carbon is really an old game. To my surprise, the game runs really slow. I tried removing blur, lessen anti aliasing to 2x then even reduced the reflection but its still running slow. I dont want to decrese the setting any further cause the game would look realy dated and I think my rig is enough to handle the game at max.
So im just wondering, do i really need to decrease the settings further cause my rig cant handle it or is there anything else I an do to enjoy the game at max.
Any suggestions??

BTW im running at 1024X768 reso and my pc specs are below
-AMD athlon X4 3.0
-Nvidia GTX 460
-4 gig RAM
-windows 7 64 bit

Thanks.. :D

Solution
You system is pretty decent to play NFS carbon on all settings high. This type of problem usually occurs due to virus problem or else try to re-install the game and try to update your Nvidia drivers to a much stable version.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
You system is pretty decent to play NFS carbon on all settings high. This type of problem usually occurs due to virus problem or else try to re-install the game and try to update your Nvidia drivers to a much stable version.

Solution

waspzz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

Well I think my pc is clean cause issue is not affecting other apps. I also have my Nvidia driver updated cause BF3 required it to be updated. So im also thinking that its with the copy of NFS I bought.

waspzz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

Its only happening on Carbon and my monitor can support higher resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.