system restore doesnt work

My system restore doesnt work i want to restore it to a date but it wont open
,what can i do?

Hi

Do you mean that you can't access System Restore at all - what about via
Safe Mode? If you tried SR in Safe Mode, did you get the same problem? You
have to try and re-install System Restore.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My system restore doesnt work i want to restore it to a date but it wont
> open
> ,what can i do?

how do i restore it?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Do you mean that you can't access System Restore at all - what about via
> Safe Mode? If you tried SR in Safe Mode, did you get the same problem? You
> have to try and re-install System Restore.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My system restore doesnt work i want to restore it to a date but it wont
> > open
> > ,what can i do?

i mean i did try to open it both ways so how can i re-install it?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Do you mean that you can't access System Restore at all - what about via
> Safe Mode? If you tried SR in Safe Mode, did you get the same problem? You
> have to try and re-install System Restore.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My system restore doesnt work i want to restore it to a date but it wont
> > open
> > ,what can i do?

Hi

Unfortunately you will lose all the existing SR checkpoints using this
method:

Open Windows Explorer and go to the windows/inf folder. Find the sr.inf
file, right click on it and select Install.

--

>i mean i did try to open it both ways so how can i re-install it?
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Do you mean that you can't access System Restore at all - what about via
>> Safe Mode? If you tried SR in Safe Mode, did you get the same problem?
>> You
>> have to try and re-install System Restore.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My system restore doesnt work i want to restore it to a date but it
>> > wont
>> > open
>> > ,what can i do?

i tried doing that but it wont let me,what else can i do

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Unfortunately you will lose all the existing SR checkpoints using this
> method:
>
> Open Windows Explorer and go to the windows/inf folder. Find the sr.inf
> file, right click on it and select Install.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i mean i did try to open it both ways so how can i re-install it?
> >
> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Do you mean that you can't access System Restore at all - what about via
> >> Safe Mode? If you tried SR in Safe Mode, did you get the same problem?
> >> You
> >> have to try and re-install System Restore.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi

Why won't it let you use Install? What error message, if any, are you
getting?

--

>i tried doing that but it wont let me,what else can i do
>

> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Unfortunately you will lose all the existing SR checkpoints using this
>> method:
>>
>> Open Windows Explorer and go to the windows/inf folder. Find the sr.inf
>> file, right click on it and select Install.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i mean i did try to open it both ways so how can i re-install it?

"mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i tried doing that but it wont let me,what else can i do

Are you using an account with Admin rights?

-pk

> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Unfortunately you will lose all the existing SR checkpoints using this
> > method:
> >
> > Open Windows Explorer and go to the windows/inf folder. Find the sr.inf
> > file, right click on it and select Install.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Will Denny
> > MVP - Windows Shell/User
> > Please reply to the News Groups
> >

> > "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >i mean i did try to open it both ways so how can i re-install it?

Does your system have less than 200 MB of space? System Restore works at
least 200 MB and can't work if it doesn't have at least 200 MB;there are
options clean the disk using the Disk Cleaner if your computer have 200 MB or
more then use it but if that doesn't work go to Run and type Msconfig. Go to
SERVICE and click on System Restore Service and apply. Applying it will
require to reboot your system.