Blackwinter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Hi, i dont know if im in the right catergory but i have just recently bought ADSL1 Home-3 100GB + 100GB 1500/256k $69.95 and wondered if it's good for Gaming Like World of Warcraft I'm going through iinet and i'm in Australia and i'm probably going to have another 2 people on it but they Will only be doing web surfing. my question is though Will it lag and how long would it take me to download 1 GIG

please Reply Thank you.

Solution
you can download at max 150k a second so about half a gig an hour
it will play wow perfectly beside the fact that the server is in America and you will have a 300ms delay but that just due to distance

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Test here your connection, the results will tell you all you need to know.

Blackwinter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
hey, Thanks for a reply but I don't have the internet yet it comes in a week i just want to quickly find out so if it did be laggy i could quickly swap to a better connection

Please Reply Thank You.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
if that's 1500k (1.5mbps), then you may struggle on wow (and I take it, in australia, you won't be on asian servers). Because as soon as someone else starts mass watching video's on youtube your bandwidth will be chewed up.

Blackwinter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
would any one have any idea how fast i could download 1gig though?

and thanks for your comment also does that mean i can't play wow at all, or is there a chance cause i really miss that game haha

Reply please Thank you.

plat86

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
you can download at max 150k a second so about half a gig an hour
it will play wow perfectly beside the fact that the server is in America and you will have a 300ms delay but that just due to distance

Solution

Blackwinter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Oh OK hope that delay isn't anything bad! Well Thank you You have answered my question!

:D and that means that Wow would take like A YEAR to download lol its like 20gig iv'e heard!

Blackwinter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Last Thing to answer Actually umm do you reckon this would be better for gaming But it is less Gigs! but guessing A LOT faster! :

ADSL1 Home-4 50GB + 50GB Up to 20/1Mbps $69.95 Whats Better ? Ill will be doing Xbox Live and World of Warcraft And Possibly More games I don't know what i should choose How fast would that download a gig

Please Reply Thank you.

plat86

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
thats only 50 gig of peak, if that runs out you will be slowd to dialup speed and unable to play for the rest of the month, you might be better off with the slower plan and just leaving the computer on overnight for downloads
unless you think you wont use more then 50gig

as for gaming you wont notice any difference between the two unless there are other people using the internet, then you might notice some lag
what isp is that with? sounds kind of expensive

as for the download speed it depends on how far away you are from the telephone exchange, it could go anywhere between half a meg a second up to 2 meg a second, say about 3.6 gig an hour

Blackwinter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Hello, thanks for the reply i'm am currently with iinet there supposed to be a very good Provider So i'm giving it a shot. and yes i will have probably have my sister and her boyfriend on it but i really don't know if there gonna use it A LOT like i said i hope not. o_O and there has been a delay got to wait 3-5 weeks no port right now Just my Luck!

and yeah that's why i'm sorta choosing Cause i'm going to be downloading A lot of Movies playing xbox live and playing Pc games Its either i go with these 2 or go with this! The beast lol sorta its sort of to expensive for me though here it is

ADSL1 Home-5 200GB + 200GB Up to 20/1Mbps $119.90 that's with phone too But if we just got the phone on we don't have to repay for it again do we? Phone 1 - $29.95 with 20c local calls

Reply please Thank you.