Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

EQ2 Maps for Good and Evil Connected?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 11:21:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Is it possible to travel overland to the enemy city i.e. not otherwise
doing the betrayal quest?
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 11:21:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>Is it possible to travel overland to the enemy city i.e. not otherwise
>doing the betrayal quest?

I took my L14 Qeynosian Shaman in beta to Freeport. I couldn't go anywhere in
the city itself, and guards in the outer suburbs always kicked me out to the
commonlands within a few minutes of zoning in. Merchants in the
commonlands talked to me, so I could have adventured there for awhile
if I wanted.

There are no grouping restrictions, nor NPC faction issues outside of the city
areas.
--
Mark Rafn dagon@dagon.net <http://www.dagon.net/&gt;
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 11:21:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"mike allegretto" <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:n41nq0d3bkc1ug5qtcgsjp6idpvoacr78t@4ax.com...

> Is it possible to travel overland to the enemy city i.e. not otherwise
> doing the betrayal quest?

Qeynos --> Antonica --> Steppes docks. Take mariner bell to Nek docks. Nek
docks --> Commonlands -->Freeport. And vice versa. If you are spotted by a
city guard in one of the enemy zones, you will be banished from the zone.

--
Redbeard
<Veritas>
Dwarven Mystic and Alchemist
Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
Current resident of the Willow Wood, City of Qeynos
http://veritas.everquest2guilds.com

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
Related resources
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 11:21:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"Mark Rafn" <dagon@dagon.net> wrote in message
news:qais72-9hn.ln1@hydra.dagon.net...
> mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>>Is it possible to travel overland to the enemy city i.e. not otherwise
>>doing the betrayal quest?
>
> I took my L14 Qeynosian Shaman in beta to Freeport. I couldn't go
> anywhere in
> the city itself, and guards in the outer suburbs always kicked me out to
> the
> commonlands within a few minutes of zoning in. Merchants in the
> commonlands talked to me, so I could have adventured there for awhile
> if I wanted.
>
> There are no grouping restrictions, nor NPC faction issues outside of the
> city
> areas.
> --
> Mark Rafn dagon@dagon.net <http://www.dagon.net/&gt;


Can you 'bind' anywhere else? I know if you die, you can retrieve your
shard, but where do you return on a death? All the way back in Qeynos, or
somewhere closer?
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 11:34:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, mike allegretto wrote:

> Is it possible to travel overland to the enemy city i.e. not otherwise
> doing the betrayal quest?

Ayep. You just won't be able to get into the city itself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jerelyn Foxeye -- http://www.foxeye-art.com

On Antonia Bayle (EQ):
[14 Iksar Cleric] Viizanafyaeth
[6 High Elf Fighter] Foxeye

On Order (Horizons):
[10 Monk/Druid Saris] Foxeye
November 29, 2004 11:49:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"Foxeye Vaeltaja" <foxeye@EEKSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:p ine.LNX.4.58.0411291234090.5606@bolt.sonic.net...
>
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, mike allegretto wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to travel overland to the enemy city i.e. not otherwise
> > doing the betrayal quest?
>
> Ayep. You just won't be able to get into the city itself.

actualy if you know where the sewers enteances are you can .. but meet one
gard and your out of there


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.771 / Virus Database: 518 - Release Date: 9/28/2004
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 12:11:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Diablo wrote:

>
> "Foxeye Vaeltaja" <foxeye@EEKSPAM.com> wrote in message
> news:p ine.LNX.4.58.0411291234090.5606@bolt.sonic.net...
> >
> > On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, mike allegretto wrote:
> >
> > > Is it possible to travel overland to the enemy city i.e. not otherwise
> > > doing the betrayal quest?
> >
> > Ayep. You just won't be able to get into the city itself.
>
> actualy if you know where the sewers enteances are you can .. but meet one
> gard and your out of there

Been there...done that...*rubs bump on head and winces*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jerelyn Foxeye -- http://www.foxeye-art.com

On Antonia Bayle (EQ):
[18 Iksar Cleric] Viizanafyaeth
[6 High Elf Fighter] Foxeye

On Order (Horizons):
[10 Monk/Druid Saris] Foxeye
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 3:14:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"bcarshaman" <everquest@wiselogel.com> wrote in message
news:vDNqd.5770$2a.3706@fe40.usenetserver.com...
>

> Can you 'bind' anywhere else? I know if you die, you can retrieve your
> shard, but where do you return on a death? All the way back in Qeynos, or
> somewhere closer?
>

Having died many time on the Isle of Refuge, you do have the option of being
placed back in one of three places with increased danger levels.
I have been unlucky enough to die yet outside of there.....(close on many
occasions though!).
November 30, 2004 1:40:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"bcarshaman" <everquest@wiselogel.com> writes:

> Can you 'bind' anywhere else? I know if you die, you can retrieve your
> shard, but where do you return on a death? All the way back in Qeynos, or
> somewhere closer?

You can't bind, and when you die, you always respawn in the same zone.
You usually get a choice between a few different locations to respawn,
but I think you have to have been to them (or in that general area,
anyway) before the choice shows up on death. I haven't experimented
with this, though, I tend to avoid dying. :) 
!