EQ2 Maps for Good and Evil Connected?

Is it possible to travel overland to the enemy city i.e. not otherwise
doing the betrayal quest?
8 answers Last reply
More about maps good evil connected

    mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote:
    >Is it possible to travel overland to the enemy city i.e. not otherwise
    >doing the betrayal quest?

    I took my L14 Qeynosian Shaman in beta to Freeport. I couldn't go anywhere in
    the city itself, and guards in the outer suburbs always kicked me out to the
    commonlands within a few minutes of zoning in. Merchants in the
    commonlands talked to me, so I could have adventured there for awhile
    if I wanted.

    There are no grouping restrictions, nor NPC faction issues outside of the city
    areas.
    --
    Mark Rafn dagon@dagon.net <http://www.dagon.net/>

    "mike allegretto" <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

    > Is it possible to travel overland to the enemy city i.e. not otherwise
    > doing the betrayal quest?

    Qeynos --> Antonica --> Steppes docks. Take mariner bell to Nek docks. Nek
    docks --> Commonlands -->Freeport. And vice versa. If you are spotted by a
    city guard in one of the enemy zones, you will be banished from the zone.

    --
    Redbeard
    <Veritas>

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

    "Mark Rafn" <dagon@dagon.net> wrote in message
    > mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote:
    >>Is it possible to travel overland to the enemy city i.e. not otherwise
    >>doing the betrayal quest?
    >
    > I took my L14 Qeynosian Shaman in beta to Freeport. I couldn't go
    > anywhere in
    > the city itself, and guards in the outer suburbs always kicked me out to
    > the
    > commonlands within a few minutes of zoning in. Merchants in the
    > commonlands talked to me, so I could have adventured there for awhile
    > if I wanted.
    >
    > There are no grouping restrictions, nor NPC faction issues outside of the
    > city
    > areas.
    > --
    > Mark Rafn dagon@dagon.net <http://www.dagon.net/>

    Can you 'bind' anywhere else? I know if you die, you can retrieve your
    shard, but where do you return on a death? All the way back in Qeynos, or
    somewhere closer?

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, mike allegretto wrote:

    > Is it possible to travel overland to the enemy city i.e. not otherwise
    > doing the betrayal quest?

    Ayep. You just won't be able to get into the city itself.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Jerelyn Foxeye -- http://www.foxeye-art.com

    On Antonia Bayle (EQ):
    [14 Iksar Cleric] Viizanafyaeth
    [6 High Elf Fighter] Foxeye

    On Order (Horizons):
    [10 Monk/Druid Saris] Foxeye

    "Foxeye Vaeltaja" <foxeye@EEKSPAM.com> wrote in message

    > On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, mike allegretto wrote:
    >
    > > Is it possible to travel overland to the enemy city i.e. not otherwise
    > > doing the betrayal quest?
    >
    > Ayep. You just won't be able to get into the city itself.

    actualy if you know where the sewers enteances are you can .. but meet one
    gard and your out of there

    ---

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Diablo wrote:

    > "Foxeye Vaeltaja" <foxeye@EEKSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, mike allegretto wrote:
    > >
    > > > Is it possible to travel overland to the enemy city i.e. not otherwise
    > > > doing the betrayal quest?
    > >
    > > Ayep. You just won't be able to get into the city itself.
    >
    > actualy if you know where the sewers enteances are you can .. but meet one
    > gard and your out of there

    Been there...done that...*rubs bump on head and winces*

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Jerelyn Foxeye -- http://www.foxeye-art.com

    On Antonia Bayle (EQ):
    [18 Iksar Cleric] Viizanafyaeth
    [6 High Elf Fighter] Foxeye

    On Order (Horizons):
    [10 Monk/Druid Saris] Foxeye

    "bcarshaman" <everquest@wiselogel.com> wrote in message

    > Can you 'bind' anywhere else? I know if you die, you can retrieve your
    > shard, but where do you return on a death? All the way back in Qeynos, or
    > somewhere closer?

    Having died many time on the Isle of Refuge, you do have the option of being
    placed back in one of three places with increased danger levels.
    I have been unlucky enough to die yet outside of there.....(close on many
    occasions though!).

    "bcarshaman" <everquest@wiselogel.com> writes:

    > Can you 'bind' anywhere else? I know if you die, you can retrieve your
    > shard, but where do you return on a death? All the way back in Qeynos, or
    > somewhere closer?

    You can't bind, and when you die, you always respawn in the same zone.
    You usually get a choice between a few different locations to respawn,
    but I think you have to have been to them (or in that general area,
    anyway) before the choice shows up on death. I haven't experimented
    with this, though, I tend to avoid dying. :)

Games Video Games