What happen to newsgroup search for posts ?

In the old newsgroup format, if you had a problem, you could search for that
problem for the days period it provided(like today up to last week) or search
for a particular user or subject material.

Now we have just a generic search. And it doesn't seem to collect prior
daily data. I know I posted a message yesterday, and last week, But the
generic search finds nothing.

It would be much easier if I could search for my id, and compound that with
some other search criteria such as a subject or other criteria. But that's
missing !!!
2 answers Last reply
More about what happen newsgroup search posts

    Why not graduate to a 'real' newsreader where you won't have these
    limitations? There's a free one on your computer: Outlook Express.

    Ted Zieglar

    > Why not graduate to a 'real' newsreader where you won't have these
    > limitations? There's a free one on your computer: Outlook Express.
    >
    > Ted Zieglar
    >
    > "john doe" <johndoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> In the old newsgroup format, if you had a problem, you could search
    >> for that
    >> problem for the days period it provided(like today up to last week)
    >> or search
    >> for a particular user or subject material.
    >>
    >> Now we have just a generic search. And it doesn't seem to collect
    >> prior
    >> daily data. I know I posted a message yesterday, and last week, But
    >> the
    >> generic search finds nothing.
    >>
    >> It would be much easier if I could search for my id, and compound
    >> that with
    >> some other search criteria such as a subject or other criteria. But
    >> that's
    >> missing !!!

    server: msnews.microsoft.com

Newsgroup Microsoft Windows XP