Repost: D-LInk wireless PCI needs rescan every log on

no reply : - (

I have 2 D-Link wireless PCI adapters - DWL-G520 (using D-Link utility)
running on a w2k and xp machine.

The connection works from the OS log on screen. When I log on to either
machine, the desktop appears and then the wireless connection is dropped.
I am required to rescan every time I log back on.

My laptop connects with a DWL G650, using Windows to manage the connection.
No problems.

Setup

D-Link (DI-624) broadband wireless 'G' router.
Infrastructure WEP open system 64 bit encryption.
Mode is G with or without turbo.
Both machines use D-Links config utility to manage connection.

Nick
3 answers Last reply
More about repost link wireless rescan

    Nick Mirro wrote:
    > no reply : - (
    >
    > I have 2 D-Link wireless PCI adapters - DWL-G520 (using D-Link
    > utility) running on a w2k and xp machine.
    >
    > The connection works from the OS log on screen. When I log on to
    > either machine, the desktop appears and then the wireless connection
    > is dropped. I am required to rescan every time I log back on.
    >
    > My laptop connects with a DWL G650, using Windows to manage the
    > connection. No problems.
    >

    > Setup
    >
    > D-Link (DI-624) broadband wireless 'G' router.
    > Infrastructure WEP open system 64 bit encryption.
    > Mode is G with or without turbo.
    > Both machines use D-Links config utility to manage connection.
    >
    > Nick

    Using the proprietary config utility, disable Wireless Zero
    Configuration. Also, broadcast SSID - this is often the solution to
    squirrely wireless connections.

    Thanks for your help with this. I have been broadcasting SSID. In both the
    D-Link router and PCI wireless config utilities, there is no reference to
    zero config (though I remember it from my Linksys setup prior).

    Can you tell me where this setting is found?

    Nick

    Nick Mirro wrote:
    > Thanks for your help with this. I have been broadcasting SSID. In
    > both the D-Link router and PCI wireless config utilities, there is no
    > reference to zero config (though I remember it from my Linksys setup
    > prior).
    > Can you tell me where this setting is found?
    >
    > Nick

    >> Nick Mirro wrote:
    >>> no reply : - (
    >>>
    >>> I have 2 D-Link wireless PCI adapters - DWL-G520 (using D-Link
    >>> utility) running on a w2k and xp machine.
    >>>
    >>> The connection works from the OS log on screen. When I log on to
    >>> either machine, the desktop appears and then the wireless connection
    >>> is dropped. I am required to rescan every time I log back on.
    >>>
    >>> My laptop connects with a DWL G650, using Windows to manage the
    >>> connection. No problems.
    >>>

    >>> Setup
    >>>
    >>> D-Link (DI-624) broadband wireless 'G' router.
    >>> Infrastructure WEP open system 64 bit encryption.
    >>> Mode is G with or without turbo.
    >>> Both machines use D-Links config utility to manage connection.
    >>>
    >>> Nick
    >>
    >> Using the proprietary config utility, disable Wireless Zero
    >> Configuration. Also, broadcast SSID - this is often the solution to
    >> squirrely wireless connections.

    The Wireless Zero Configuration service can be found from All
    Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Administrative Services/Services or
    the Administrative Services control panel/Services.

Wireless D-Link Connection Wireless Networking