Repost: D-LInk wireless PCI needs rescan every log on

no reply : - (

I have 2 D-Link wireless PCI adapters - DWL-G520 (using D-Link utility)
running on a w2k and xp machine.

The connection works from the OS log on screen. When I log on to either
machine, the desktop appears and then the wireless connection is dropped.
I am required to rescan every time I log back on.

My laptop connects with a DWL G650, using Windows to manage the connection.
No problems.

Setup

D-Link (DI-624) broadband wireless 'G' router.
Infrastructure WEP open system 64 bit encryption.
Mode is G with or without turbo.
Both machines use D-Links config utility to manage connection.

Nick

Nick Mirro wrote:
> no reply : - (
>
> I have 2 D-Link wireless PCI adapters - DWL-G520 (using D-Link
> utility) running on a w2k and xp machine.
>
> The connection works from the OS log on screen. When I log on to
> either machine, the desktop appears and then the wireless connection
> is dropped. I am required to rescan every time I log back on.
>
> My laptop connects with a DWL G650, using Windows to manage the
> connection. No problems.
>

> Setup
>
> D-Link (DI-624) broadband wireless 'G' router.
> Infrastructure WEP open system 64 bit encryption.
> Mode is G with or without turbo.
> Both machines use D-Links config utility to manage connection.
>
> Nick

Using the proprietary config utility, disable Wireless Zero
Configuration. Also, broadcast SSID - this is often the solution to
squirrely wireless connections.

Thanks for your help with this. I have been broadcasting SSID. In both the
D-Link router and PCI wireless config utilities, there is no reference to
zero config (though I remember it from my Linksys setup prior).

Can you tell me where this setting is found?

Nick

Nick Mirro wrote:
> Thanks for your help with this. I have been broadcasting SSID. In
> both the D-Link router and PCI wireless config utilities, there is no
> reference to zero config (though I remember it from my Linksys setup
> prior).
> Can you tell me where this setting is found?
>
> Nick

>> Nick Mirro wrote:
>>> no reply : - (
>>>
>>> I have 2 D-Link wireless PCI adapters - DWL-G520 (using D-Link
>>> utility) running on a w2k and xp machine.
>>>
>>> The connection works from the OS log on screen. When I log on to
>>> either machine, the desktop appears and then the wireless connection
>>> is dropped. I am required to rescan every time I log back on.
>>>
>>> My laptop connects with a DWL G650, using Windows to manage the
>>> connection. No problems.
>>>

>>> Setup
>>>
>>> D-Link (DI-624) broadband wireless 'G' router.
>>> Infrastructure WEP open system 64 bit encryption.
>>> Mode is G with or without turbo.
>>> Both machines use D-Links config utility to manage connection.
>>>
>>> Nick
>>
>> Using the proprietary config utility, disable Wireless Zero
>> Configuration. Also, broadcast SSID - this is often the solution to
>> squirrely wireless connections.

The Wireless Zero Configuration service can be found from All
Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Administrative Services/Services or
the Administrative Services control panel/Services.