xp crashing on chkdsk

Hi,
I posted a message a few days ago (Oct 9) but have been unable to figure out
the problem so I'm trying again with a different hook. The problem remains
the same but I know a little more about it. The error is of the type
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it's a stop o fhte type 0X0000000A. The one person
who replied suggested that I uncheck the auto restart, which I did, but it
has not completely stopped the computer from restarting...what's that about?
Anyway, I investigated this error message in all sorts of ways, but still no
help. It appears that it's a mis-address, but I can't find any info on how to
"address" this (haha). Also, I have tried repeatedly running chkdsk, and it
just crashes at the same point each time...66% of level 1. Now I've been
using my computer all day and the only time it crashed was when I was at
lunch...it seems to not like being left alone. If there is no activity for a
while (an hour maybe?) it goes down. Does any of this sound familiar to
anyone? This started happening after two small power outages (someone--no
names here--plugged my workstation into the non-battery part of the UPS so,
yes, I know about the importance of that kind of stuff). For a long time the
computer would not reboot at all, but I used the system disk and was able to
get it working. It even ran chkdsk at that time and came up with an error
that it claimed to fix. Now I cannot do that anymore. I restored back to an
earlier happier time but no luck. It's still happening...that's what really
has me concerned.
So, I'd so appreciate any help or direction you could point me. I've read
every bulletin that seems to apply, but since there have been no hard and
fast solutions (like, delete this file and then reboot) or anything like
that, I don't know what to do. Oh, by the way, one bulletin said that this
came from having the wrong dirver for a card reading usb device from lexar
media...but i don't have a card reader of any kind, so i don't think that one
will work. Oh yeah, another thing: i have system suite and ran a thorough
diagnostic, and the only real message that came up was an inability to find
a partition using a "seek".
1 answer Last reply
More about crashing chkdsk

    Check out this link on Microsoft Support Page. it will solve your problem
    for sure

    www.helpline4it.com
    -- The Best IT Community Portal!
    www.helpline4it.com