Palomino support by SIS 735-ECS K7S5A ?

thebluedog

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2001
Does anybody know if the SIS 735 chipset will support the new Athlon Palominos coming out soon? I am seriously thinking of buying the ECS K7S5A in the next day or two. Has anybody heard anything bad (or good) about this motherboard? I read the review about the chipset that was done a few months ago but does anybody have any other advice? Thanks so much.

As long as it's funny it's okay.

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey TBD,
If I were you, I would wait....Why do you need a mobo, if you don't have a cpu? The best way to get the best components, is to buy everything at the same time. It will be the latest & most likely compatible with all your other new stuff. If you are going to wait for the Palomino's, why not wait for the "Shuttle AK31 ver 3.1"( Via KT266A chipset), or at least wait for a comparision or review. I also believe there are going to be better mobo's than the ECS mobo(with the same SiS 735 chipset) and I do not believe the ECS K7S5A mobo will be going up in price, so if you don't have a cpu yet, why not wait for everything? Good luck
Peace Out........tile

Keep Hope Alive!

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Yes, the SIS chipset will support the Palomino.
As far as the ECS K7S5A, all you'll need is a BIOS update to support the Palomino core (Athlon 4).

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!