active windows unexpectedly go inactive

I'm at my wits end. Typing this message, I will lose the cursor because the
window goes inactive, at least 5 times. The mouse brings it back. Something
is causing all the active windows to unexpectedly(between 5 seconds and a
couple minutes) go inactive. I've been through all the settings, the
knowledge base, etc., etc. I've updated all drivers to XP SP2 conformity. I
have NIS 2004 installed and fully updated. As recommended, the XP firewall is
disabled. It doesn't seem to be an ISP or internet problem since it also
occurs with windows when I'm off line. All of the XP diagnostic tools seem to
indicate no problem and the pc runs fine otherwise. Help please - What am I
overlooking??

open task manager and seee which program is causing window to be unstable.
end the process tree. Install some spyware on your computer and run them
also scan your computer for viruses

--
The Best IT Community Portal!
www.helpline4it.com