Sign in with
Your question

How the hell do i activate myfsx install which i moved to a seperate drive?

Last response: in Video Games
October 7, 2011 10:07:07 PM

Hi everyone, I have FSX installed on my desktop which has been ok for about 2 years.

I recently created a new user account and now it wont run except in demo mode.

I cant even put the product key in to activate it again (I have activated it twice so far, but just cant remember who to call).

Microsofts help on the web is pretty obstructive when attempting to activate a product you have already paid for and its now been lying dead, or as good as, in my computer 'till some kind soul can advise me how to get up and running again !

Thanks in anticipation,

Stuart.B.
October 7, 2011 11:04:22 PM

I had this happened to me before:

Reinstall the game after reinstalling OS too often. On the Microsoft server, it didn't register because it wasn't uninstalled and unregister properly. There is a set number of time you can use the same key to register. After a certain amount of time, your key will no longer work if you don't unregistered proper. But you can call Microsoft and their staff will give you a new key for phone registration as well as resetting the online activation key for you so you can use it again. The phone number, if you read the readme.txt, is on the activation wizard user interface on FSX and a phone number is actually printed on the box of the Acceleration expansion pack or do you have a legit copy?
October 8, 2011 4:08:30 PM

Pyree said:
I had this happened to me before:

Reinstall the game after reinstalling OS too often. On the Microsoft server, it didn't register because it wasn't uninstalled and unregister properly. There is a set number of time you can use the same key to register. After a certain amount of time, your key will no longer work if you don't unregistered proper. But you can call Microsoft and their staff will give you a new key for phone registration as well as resetting the online activation key for you so you can use it again. The phone number, if you read the readme.txt, is on the activation wizard user interface on FSX and a phone number is actually printed on the box of the Acceleration expansion pack or do you have a legit copy?

Hi Pyree,

thanks for your help.
I have a legit DVD o f FSX Deluxe ediition but there is no 'phone number on it - just the address of Microsoft and zip code !
Thats why I am getting sooo p'd off.
I'll persevere trying to locate Microsofts number and will let you know what it is in case you land in the same mess as I have.
Maybe someone else out there has it?
Cheers anyway.

Flying Fred
Related resources
October 8, 2011 5:07:10 PM

No, smack in the middle of England - some call it the UK !
!