search history

How does one remove the history of previous searches? Someone has been
searching for variations of the "S" word and several others which I would
like to eliminate.
Alex
1 answer Last reply
More about search history

    Clearing Temporary Internet files, cookies and history in Internet Explorer
    Tools>Internet Options>General
    You'll see Delete Cookies, Delete files, Delete History

    AutoComplete (Internet Explorer):
    Tools>Internet Options>Content>AutoComplete
    Brings up the AutoComplete dialog box where you can make changes and clear forms and
    passwords.

    Turn off AutoComplete:
    Start/Search/Change Preferences/Turn AutoComplete off

    Under "A" for Auto Complete for further information as required.

    Clear Google Toolbar History
    If you have the Google Toolbar installed, Click on Google logo to access a drop down
    menu. Choose the Clear Search History option.
    This clears all previous searches listed in the drop down box.

    Clear Search History
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_c.htm
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Search Assistant\ACMru. Delete the key. To
    prevent keeping a history altogether, right click ACMru/Permissions/Deny all users
    and groups listed.

    Clear Search History under Search (Line 24)
    Clear Recent File Lists - Clears Search History
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/ClearRecent.Exe

    "Alex Howatt" <sodapop@chebucto.ca> wrote in message
    > How does one remove the history of previous searches? Someone has been searching
    > for variations of the "S" word and several others which I would like to eliminate.
    > Alex

Microsoft Windows XP