Poor performacne in Rage

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Performance
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
October 8, 2011 6:58:57 AM

I played Rage on the PC and immediately noticed extremely laggy textures as well as constant framerates below 25 FPS.

I've got a high-end ATI CrossfireX desktop and I'm not sure if the poor performance is being caused by game glitches or just the fact that this game is torturously taxing on even the fastest PC hardware possible. Even more so than Crysis, GTA4, and Metro 2033.

The game runs so poorly it isn't fun to play.

Is there any way to disable tesselation? I think extreme tesselation + high resolution is the cause for the poor performance.

More about : poor performacne rage

October 8, 2011 7:12:17 AM

id no undoubtedly focused on optimization for consoles and you're going to have to depend on preview drivers for now.
m
l
October 8, 2011 9:47:35 AM

RAGE has a lot of issues right now. Even with the Beta drivers, you will still see the texture pop-in, though the beta driver will hopefully give you better framerates. The game also does not currently support SLI or Crossfire, so you only have half of your GPU horsepower available to you. If you want to tweak graphics options, you have to look for the cfg file that contains those settings, id was too lazy to give us a decent graphics options menu.
m
l
October 8, 2011 9:57:23 AM

ambam said:
I played Rage on the PC and immediately noticed extremely laggy textures as well as constant framerates below 25 FPS.

I've got a high-end ATI CrossfireX desktop and I'm not sure if the poor performance is being caused by game glitches or just the fact that this game is torturously taxing on even the fastest PC hardware possible. Even more so than Crysis, GTA4, and Metro 2033.

The game runs so poorly it isn't fun to play.

Is there any way to disable tesselation? I think extreme tesselation + high resolution is the cause for the poor performance.

Game's poorly developed, you're not the only one who's having issues with it. Most ATI users encountered same problems you're facing. Best you'd read these forums and see what comes next in terms of game patches, new drivers, God knows what else, in order to run that game more decently.
m
l
October 9, 2011 2:20:20 PM

the game was updated today and it fixes a lot of issues for ati owners.
m
l
!