My search option under my start menu will not work.

When I go to the start menu My search menu will not come up or work at all....

Also I have a hijacker on my computer that keeps sending me to this site
instead of my homepage
http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome

that is where it keeps sending me.. it's driving me nuts...and that looks
like the right place however it's wrong.. I don't know what to do.. please
help me!!! i've tried everthing just about
1 answer Last reply
More about search option start menu work

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Kelly's web site:

    "Why doesn't Search work?"

    Please try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your
    system:

    Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
    Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

    Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

    Also see the following links:

    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Sarah23309" <Sarah23309@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I go to the start menu My search menu will not come up or work at
    > all....
    >
    > Also I have a hijacker on my computer that keeps sending me to this site
    > instead of my homepage
    > http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome
    >
    > that is where it keeps sending me.. it's driving me nuts...and that looks
    > like the right place however it's wrong.. I don't know what to do.. please
    > help me!!! i've tried everthing just about

Start Menu Microsoft Computers Windows XP