Problems with A7V266+Athlon1200

G

I've got an Asus A7V266 mobo with an Athlon 1200 on it, and PC133 memory.
According to specifications of my hardware, this CPU is _indeed_ properly cooled with the heatsink and fan i'm using.
Yet i can't run this CPU in anything over 900mhz, or it will lock up the computer completely after a couple of minutes from booting up windows.

Anyone know what might be wrong? The BIOS-settings should really be correct, and i've crosschecked with friends with alike hardware.

/Rob

agpport

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2001
I also have ASUS A7V266 & Athlon C 1200, but due to crap cooling I´m runnig it at 1.0 GHz (7.5x133) at the moment. This mobo seems to run cpu´s hot. But I should get my Alpha PAL8045 any day now:)

I´m a little curious about the PC133 you say youre running? A7V266 is a DDR only motherboard, only preproduction-samples had support for SDRAM.
What revision of the board is it?

What kind of cooling are you using? Do you have sufficient case cooling? Try it with the side cover off and see if it works...

agpport

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2001
Forgot to ask: Are you using any thermal compound?

exodux

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
strange how it doesn't work for u...what kind of power supply do u have?? Maybe there isn't enough power to provided to the mainboard to run at 1.2GHz. As i also have a A7V266 running a 1.4GHz cpu using a Volcano 6cu+ HSF and it works perfectly...also i left everything in jumperfree mode.

Bames_Jond

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
I own a A7V266 board and it's only DDR memory compatible. How did you stick PC-133 memory blocks in it???? If the memory issue is a typo I think it could be the powersupply. You need atleast 300 Watts from the PSU. Also make sure you have sufficient, but not too much thermal compound between your CPU and cooler.

My name is Jond, Bames Jond.

My ACPI incompatible network adapter killed my SB Live!