Using a Linksys WRT54G & Netgear DG834 together...

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 24, 2004 11:06:58 PM

I'm not sure; there's certainly nothing that says 'AP' or 'access
point', but there is a drop down where you can select for it to run as
a router or a gateway (I've tried both, but suspect its the latter
option I need).

--
pwhite8314
December 24, 2004 11:43:52 PM

pwhite8314 wrote:
> I'm not sure; there's certainly nothing that says 'AP' or 'access
> point', but there is a drop down where you can select for it to run as
> a router or a gateway (I've tried both, but suspect its the latter
> option I need).

hmmm - i am sorry but i think you are out of luck here with the unit you
have. you need to have a device which can act as a client to your main
AP and it can then act a little like a bridge and give access to your
other bits upstairs. i think that unit you have is a simple AP and you
cannot really link it back into the main network without a cable.

normally in that situation you would get two bridge units and position
one at either end. a quick fix might be to get on of these linksys
things for your wife's present:

Linksys: WGA54G - Wireless-G Game Adapter
http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&sci...

HTH,
cheers
Anonymous