Using a Linksys WRT54G & Netgear DG834 together...

I'm not sure; there's certainly nothing that says 'AP' or 'access
point', but there is a drop down where you can select for it to run as
a router or a gateway (I've tried both, but suspect its the latter
option I need).

--
pwhite8314
More about using linksys wrt54g netgear dg834 together

    pwhite8314 wrote:
    > I'm not sure; there's certainly nothing that says 'AP' or 'access
    > point', but there is a drop down where you can select for it to run as
    > a router or a gateway (I've tried both, but suspect its the latter
    > option I need).

    hmmm - i am sorry but i think you are out of luck here with the unit you
    have. you need to have a device which can act as a client to your main
    AP and it can then act a little like a bridge and give access to your
    other bits upstairs. i think that unit you have is a simple AP and you
    cannot really link it back into the main network without a cable.

    normally in that situation you would get two bridge units and position
    one at either end. a quick fix might be to get on of these linksys
    things for your wife's present:

    Linksys: WGA54G - Wireless-G Game Adapter
    http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=36&prid=558

    HTH,
    cheers

    pwhite8314 wrote:
    > I'm not sure; there's certainly nothing that says 'AP' or 'access
    > point', but there is a drop down where you can select for it to run as
    > a router or a gateway (I've tried both, but suspect its the latter
    > option I need).

    hmmm - i am sorry but i think you are out of luck here with the unit you
    have. you need to have a device which can act as a client to your main
    AP and it can then act a little like a bridge and give access to your
    other bits upstairs. i think that unit you have is a simple AP and you
    cannot really link it back into the main network without a cable.

    normally in that situation you would get two bridge units and position
    one at either end. a quick fix might be to get on of these linksys
    things for your wife's present:

    Linksys: WGA54G - Wireless-G Game Adapter
    http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=36&prid=558

    HTH,
    cheers

Netgear Linksys Wireless Networking