Two XP OS in one partition ... now what?

I am definitely a novice and believe I have inadvertently installed two XP OS
in one partition. How can I check for sure? And, is there anything I can do
to correct it?
--
give peas a chance

Hi!

Check the file c:\boot.ini. If you got more than one entry under [operating
systems], then you got multiple os:es installed. Please note that you must
be able to see hidden files to see the boot.ini in Explorer.

Brgds

Jonas

"Jonas" <jonas@no.spam.pl> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Check the file c:\boot.ini. If you got more than one entry under
[operating
> systems], then you got multiple os:es installed. Please note that you must
> be able to see hidden files to see the boot.ini in Explorer.
>
> Brgds
>
> Jonas

One potentially useful thing to note is that the boot.ini is editable, so
you can examine it, figure out which of multiple XP installs you wish to
boot to, and change the display name(s) to indicate this.

HTH
-pk