Closed

How to schedule Auto-Logoff of Windows XP

I'm working on a project for our Customer Service Dept. where we want to
enable an automated log-off at then end of the day, so our backups can be
done.

Right now there are agents that will leave programs open and then the
backups create errors.

Is there a way in Active Directory, other than the scheduler for replication
to enable this? My supervisor thinks it is not possible to be done in Active
Directory. They are considering a 3rd party client-side application to force
log-off at a set time each day. They want it configured at the client-sire,
not the server.

If this is successful, we will roll out to the entire company.

Thank for any suggestions or advise you can provide.
2 answers Last reply
More about schedule auto logoff windows

    Check my response to this question in the
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage

    User group.

    --
    Eric Renken
    Microsoft Associate Expert.

    "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm working on a project for our Customer Service Dept. where we want to
    > enable an automated log-off at then end of the day, so our backups can be
    > done.
    >
    > Right now there are agents that will leave programs open and then the
    > backups create errors.
    >
    > Is there a way in Active Directory, other than the scheduler for
    > replication
    > to enable this? My supervisor thinks it is not possible to be done in
    > Active
    > Directory. They are considering a 3rd party client-side application to
    > force
    > log-off at a set time each day. They want it configured at the
    > client-sire,
    > not the server.
    >
    > If this is successful, we will roll out to the entire company.
    >
    > Thank for any suggestions or advise you can provide.
  2. you can logoff your system automaticaly after a certain period of time

    you can schedule it also

    there is one switch logoff.exe just schedule it as below

    start-programs-accessories-systemtool-scheduler-add schedule-browse logoff.exe(c-windows-system32-logoff)
    go to properties and just schedule it

    thanks

    --prabinkumarag@gmail.com--

Windows XP