Sign in with
Your question

Need Advice on Gaming Keyboard & Mouse for Alienware M17x

Last response: in Video Games
October 8, 2011 7:52:01 PM

Hi,

I have recently purchased an Alienware M17x. I would like to purchase a Gaming Keyboard and Mouse now.

My total budget is about $100-$125. The Alienware comes with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Can anybody help me with reviews/recommendations on what to buy?

Also, can I look for Gamepads too - are they a good replacement for full fledged gaming keyboards?

Thanks,
Prakhar

(PS: If this is not the right thread to ask this question, I apologize and request the Mods to move this to the appropriate section.)
October 12, 2011 1:04:41 AM

babaagr said:
Hi,

I have recently purchased an Alienware M17x. I would like to purchase a Gaming Keyboard and Mouse now.

My total budget is about $100-$125. The Alienware comes with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Can anybody help me with reviews/recommendations on what to buy?

Also, can I look for Gamepads too - are they a good replacement for full fledged gaming keyboards?

Thanks,
Prakhar

(PS: If this is not the right thread to ask this question, I apologize and request the Mods to move this to the appropriate section.)

Hey, Visit this website, http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/Display...
They have got every keyboard and mouse imaginable! Very well known gaming accessories company who make these products for pure gaming.

For your budget of $100-125 Depending on where your from i suggest these two things.
Keyboard - Razer Arctosa Essential Gaming Keyboard $49.99
Mouse - Razer DeathAdder Essential Ergonomic Gaming Mouse $59.99
$110 all up. They are not the top of the line gaming products but they are in your range and still better than your average mouse and keyboard from Microsoft.
You could spend another $50-100 dollars and upgrade the mouse to have more buttons on it if you liked or the keyboard for more features, All up to you.

I myself just bought the black widow keyboard and razor naga mouse from razor. Good buys just a bit expensive though.

Hope i helped.
m
l
October 12, 2011 1:06:33 AM

Also i am not sure on the gaming pads, I personally prefer a dedicated gamer keyboard. But its up to preferences on those types of things.
m
l
!