Bf3 poor performance

despite having a gtx470 overclocked, my bf3 still runs at 15-30 fps on a 1080p monitor, the framerate barely changes when i change from low to high. is my phenom ll x2 4ghz bottlenecking the system
8 answers Last reply
More about poor performance
  1. Yes it is, quad is desirable, my std gtx470, on a Q9550 is getting 30-40 on caspian and 35-50 on metro @ higher than 1080p
  2. thanks i upgraded form a 5670 and the framerate barely changed, i was worrying about what was causing it
  3. yes, it is your cpu. a proper quad will give you marginal gains in bf3.
  4. you'll have some in the pocket with the 470 when you upgrade CPU, can't really advise on AMD cpu's.

Run something like evga precision and a cpu widget, all 4 of my cores are at a constant 95% and my CPU is at 100%, although I think that is beta related.
  5. i was thinking either the fx 8120 or a i5 2500k depending on benchmarks
  6. depends on what you want
    you can wait and get BD, or you can get the current choice of most gamers and get an i5 2500k. the i5 is proven, and BD... well it is still a myth until it comes out
  7. FlintIronStagg said:
    depends on what you want
    you can wait and get BD, or you can get the current choice of most gamers and get an i5 2500k. the i5 is proven, and BD... well it is still a myth until it comes out

i havent got the money ATM so i might as well find out performance
  8. fair enough; happy gaming
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Battlefield Performance Video Games