Sign in with
Your question
Solved

For One Grand, will this gaming rig cut it?

Last response: in Video Games
October 9, 2011 12:42:37 AM

Was thinking of picking up this Gaming rig from Newegg, mainly for BF3, Skyrim, Diablo III, Rage, etc. What's your thoughts on it? Worth the coin?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229271

More about : grand gaming rig cut

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
October 9, 2011 2:21:23 AM

That will be a pretty solid system, but you may not be able to play everything at maxed setting, but you should get good settings regardless depending on your resolution. The only part that lacks is the graphics card is a mid-range card, which isn't bad, just not great.
October 9, 2011 3:58:48 AM

Thanks for the input, bystander.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I wouldn't be able to do SLI or Crossfire with it unless I had the proper motherboard, correct? I'm thinking, upgrading would require a new mobo and two vid cards or just getting a new vid card a few years down the road.
m
l
Related resources
October 9, 2011 4:44:39 AM

I have seen better, but that one is certainly a lot better than my Certified Data. You could even swap out the graphics card for something more high-end.

So sure, that's a pretty good and high machine.
m
l
October 10, 2011 5:04:17 AM

That. Is. Incredible. You just made my day. Perhaps it'd be worthwhile to get the second card right off the bat, and I could use any brand Radeon 6850 in SLI with it, correct? How could I find out if I need a better power supply two support 2 cards, or if the 700W would cut it?
m
l
October 10, 2011 5:04:35 AM

Best answer selected by colchuck.
m
l
!