October 9, 2011 3:14:42 AM

My computer specs:

4GB ram
Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.3GHz
Mobile Intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
187 GB hard drive space
Windows 7 64 bit
DirectX 11

I need to know what games I can run / play on my LAPTOP (Lenovo G550)

Games genres I like: Rpg / FPS / Free-roam

Pretty much games like Borderlands or Rage.

I'd also like to know more about my Igp. I have heard its known as the Intel GMA 4500HD but don't have a clue at all.

More about : gaming gaming

October 9, 2011 3:31:07 AM

Your Intel GMA 4500HD is suppose to be supporting DirectX 10 even in gaming but the true thing is this that it sucks badly in gaming. The newer like rage or the games after 2009 mostly wont even start on this IGP or even if they got start the max resolution you can afford to play is 800x600 with everything on medium to low, or maybe 1024x768 can be possible in less demanding games.

On your IGP maybe Fallout can run on low setting and this game will make you forgot all games mentioned by you above.
You have this laptop so you have to manage with this IGP itself as long as you really go for an good gaming rig.

Avatar game can be run on IGP, including COD: MW, even Crysis can run on low setting with very low frames.

The best thing for you is to look for games that released before 2009 as there are many best title that will make you totally addicted to them.

Buying the newer games is waste of time for and will be very disappointing for you. So games before 2009 is the advice from my side.
October 9, 2011 3:53:59 AM

rocky41 said:
Your Intel GMA 4500HD is suppose to be supporting DirectX 10 even in gaming but the true thing is this that it sucks badly in gaming. The newer like rage or the games after 2009 mostly wont even start on this IGP or even if they got start the max resolution you can afford to play is 800x600 with everything on medium to low, or maybe 1024x768 can be possible in less demanding games.

On your IGP maybe Fallout can run on low setting and this game will make you forgot all games mentioned by you above.
You have this laptop so you have to manage with this IGP itself as long as you really go for an good gaming rig.

Avatar game can be run on IGP, including COD: MW, even Crysis can run on low setting with very low frames.

The best thing for you is to look for games that released before 2009 as there are many best title that will make you totally addicted to them.

Buying the newer games is waste of time for and will be very disappointing for you. So games before 2009 is the advice from my side.

Thanks for the reply!
Related resources
October 9, 2011 11:40:44 AM

yeh i think if you just upgraded to a better graphics card like an ati 4850 which you could pickup for about 30 quid on ebay you would get yourself a nice little boost and be able to play most games on medium that came out around 2009 like someone else mentioned. you would be able to play more recent games to with lower settings. as long as you're using a resolution of something like 1280x720. the £30 investment in a better graphics card would be well worth it :) 
October 9, 2011 12:23:26 PM

The OP has mentioned the specification of his laptop so upgrading to card is not possible by the way!!!
October 9, 2011 3:27:22 PM

ET900 said:
yeh i think if you just upgraded to a better graphics card like an ati 4850 which you could pickup for about 30 quid on ebay you would get yourself a nice little boost and be able to play most games on medium that came out around 2009 like someone else mentioned. you would be able to play more recent games to with lower settings. as long as you're using a resolution of something like 1280x720. the £30 investment in a better graphics card would be well worth it :) 

I don't use a desktop.
October 9, 2011 5:52:14 PM

Also forgot to mention that I got fallout Nv
October 9, 2011 6:27:53 PM

if you are wanting to upgrade... thats not a possiblility. upgrading would require you to have a desktop, or an extremely expensive laptop.
February 10, 2012 9:37:52 AM

my laptop (HP dv6) has an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz with the same mobile intel(r) 4 series express chipset family and 4Gb of runs New Vegas well on low graphics settings but fallout 3 won't run.
i have also played Oblivion and even the new medal of honor. Both portal and portal 2 run fine as well as half life 2. farcry2 isn't very smooth but it works.

I wold appreciate it if you would let me know what games you find to work
July 4, 2012 4:02:10 AM

i also have the same lenovo G550 and i am able to play game listed below:-
GTA4, cod mw1,2 nfs run, crysis warhead in low seeting, saint row third low setting with certain commandline text,
if u have prbl my adive is buy an external graphics card and go for gaming also upgrade your ram from 4 to 8 GB bcz i uses ram as graphics card
!