Long-Lasting Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

muradw2

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
Hey, I'll be a gamer in 2 weeks, but my mouse has it's left button broken (it's like touchmouse :D ), 2 mouses broke up too this year! I have 3 brothers and 2 little messy brothers!
What mouse would you recommend me that will last at least a year?

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
+1 to Logitech and Razer.
I've got a Razer Deathadder at the moment, had it a few years now. Used daily!

Don't go wireless. Had endless issues with the Razer Mamba, which is now being used without a battery whilst permanently connected to the charging cable.

Agreed
Get the logitech gaming series mouses. They're really good and lasts long too.
The G5, G400, MX518 are all good choices.

And, as stated already, don't go for a wireless mouse for gaming. Not just that there might be issues like arael said, but you'll have a bit of a time lag for a max of about 1 second or so, which isn't good for gaming. I'd rather use a wireless mouse for an HTPC or so.

muradw2

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
Thank you all, I've heard that Logitch is the best!
now 2 last things!
1. I want the mouse to be wired, wireless needs recharging and it lags!
2. I hate side buttons! unless you have a solution on turnings side buttons off!

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Side buttons are extremely useful!
Pretty much any of the non-cheapie standard mice will come with side buttons these days. You'll be hard pressed to find a decent mouse, especially ones made by Razer or Logitech, that don't come with at least 5 buttons.

Filthelement

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
I have a Logitech G700 and its great, it has side button but they dont get in the way and if you dont want to use them then you can opt to not assign them anything. The on the fly dpi changes help LOTS!!

muradw2

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011

I trust you, but side buttons sucks hard!
I can't explore internet without clicking accidently on side buttons!
Please give me non-sided buttoned mice sugestions
UPDATE:
Now my mouse is crazy, the left is right and left, the right is left but sometimes right.

patosaiex

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Logitech Steelseries Kinzu o_O

Well, they look durable though I had mine for a couple of months only.

Funny how the only thing that bugs me about that mouse is it's lack of side buttons.

I think they go up to 3200 cpi, they are lightweight, not oversized. I love their lift off distance since they're optic (though laser mouses don't seem to have that issue no more). It's wire is nice too. I bought the white one (smooth top, easy to clean), and the black one is texturized and has a slightly better grip.

Seriously though, I think I understand your dislike for side buttons, but your experience (like mine) may have come from a poor design alied to not being used to it. My friend's razer had a real sensitive side button I'd press unadvertely every time.

Better designs don't have that problem though... And well, an extra button like that is really hand, picture Left 4 Dead for example. It doesn't use that many buttons (left fire, right push zombies back, middle zooms sniper while the wheel cycles weapons). The second time you switch weapons rather than zooming you'll be regretting not having that side button.

I had a Logitech mouse and keyboard combo... they worked fine and were comfortable but the Set Point software sucks so much ass! I had to manually close it in order to be able to use middle mouse and the forward/back thumb buttons in games! With Set Point open, they did not respond no matter what options I modified.

I just bought myself a CoolMaster Sentinel Z3RO-G and it is fracking awesome!! I can't recommend it enough. On the fly DPI adjustment from 800 to 5600 (or any custom amount) and up to 6 profiles for different games. Program it with macros and multi-button keypresses, and it has 128kb internal memory so once programmed, it will always remember! Also has a neat light and OLED screen :D

All that, and it costs only $50. I honestly think this mouse is too good for the price. You should check it out.

Also, I got the Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard to replace my wireless Logitech stuff, and it's really good as well with lots of macro buttons.

DHSGM6001GLLW1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.