OS removal question

If I click START->RUN, what do I type in the RUN cmd box to perform a delete
operation for:

windr=C:\WINDOWS
which is listed in
c:\boot.ini
as
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home"

I want to get rid of this particular XP OS installation and don't want to
screw other things up.
Any specific help would be much appreciated.

--
give peas a chance

Hi

Which OS do you want to install after you have deleted XP Home?

How was XP Home installed? If as an Upgrade from a previous version of
Windows, and you opted to save the uninstall files, there should be an
appropriate entry in Add/Remove Programs.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"tommy" <tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I click START->RUN, what do I type in the RUN cmd box to perform a
> delete
> operation for:
>
> windr=C:\WINDOWS
> which is listed in
> c:\boot.ini
> as
> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home"
>
> I want to get rid of this particular XP OS installation and don't want to
> screw other things up.
> Any specific help would be much appreciated.
>

> --
> give peas a chance

Actually, I inadvertently installed XP twice in the same partition. My
original post refers to the "extra" XP Home installation that I would like to
remove. Does that make sense?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Which OS do you want to install after you have deleted XP Home?
>
> How was XP Home installed? If as an Upgrade from a previous version of
> Windows, and you opted to save the uninstall files, there should be an
> appropriate entry in Add/Remove Programs.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "tommy" <tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I click START->RUN, what do I type in the RUN cmd box to perform a
> > delete
> > operation for:
> >
> > windr=C:\WINDOWS
> > which is listed in
> > c:\boot.ini
> > as
> > multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home"
> >
> > I want to get rid of this particular XP OS installation and don't want to
> > screw other things up.
> > Any specific help would be much appreciated.
> >

> > --
> > give peas a chance

Hi

Please see if the following article by Michael Stevens helps:

"I have two installations of XP on the same partition, how do I remove the
one I don't need?"
http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#two

--

> Actually, I inadvertently installed XP twice in the same partition. My
> original post refers to the "extra" XP Home installation that I would like
> remove. Does that make sense?
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Which OS do you want to install after you have deleted XP Home?
>>
>> How was XP Home installed? If as an Upgrade from a previous version of
>> Windows, and you opted to save the uninstall files, there should be an
>> appropriate entry in Add/Remove Programs.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "tommy" <tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If I click START->RUN, what do I type in the RUN cmd box to perform a
>> > delete
>> > operation for:
>> >
>> > windr=C:\WINDOWS
>> > which is listed in
>> > c:\boot.ini
>> > as
>> > multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home"
>> >
>> > I want to get rid of this particular XP OS installation and don't want
>> > screw other things up.
>> > Any specific help would be much appreciated.
>> >

>> > --
>> > give peas a chance

Thank you so much for your help, Will.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please see if the following article by Michael Stevens helps:
>
> "I have two installations of XP on the same partition, how do I remove the
> one I don't need?"
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#two
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "tommy" <tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Actually, I inadvertently installed XP twice in the same partition. My
> > original post refers to the "extra" XP Home installation that I would like
> > remove. Does that make sense?
> >
> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Which OS do you want to install after you have deleted XP Home?
> >>
> >> How was XP Home installed? If as an Upgrade from a previous version of
> >> Windows, and you opted to save the uninstall files, there should be an
> >> appropriate entry in Add/Remove Programs.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups