During a clean install of XP Pro I recieve this error "Setup cannot copy the
file: mshtml.dll". This is the only problem I have with the install. After
the install XP works fine except I can't open any internet windows. XP does
not know what program to use for opening the file. I downloaded mshtml.dll on
another computer and put it in WINDOWS/System32 but it did not help. I
explored the Install cd and the file is there. Is there a way I can fix this
after the install? Thanks for any help.

When I did my post below I was told there was an error. I did not think my
question was posted. Please ignore my double posting.

Tasslehoff

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2004

have you tried typing in a run window
regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\mshtml.dll. Dunno it might help :/

"Darrin" <Darrin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> During a clean install of XP Pro I recieve this error "Setup cannot copy
> the
> file: mshtml.dll". This is the only problem I have with the install. After
> the install XP works fine except I can't open any internet windows. XP
> does
> not know what program to use for opening the file. I downloaded mshtml.dll
> on
> another computer and put it in WINDOWS/System32 but it did not help. I
> explored the Install cd and the file is there. Is there a way I can fix
> this
> after the install? Thanks for any help.

This took care of it. Thanks for the response.