alt.games.everquest2

Hi All :)

This just became available when I did a "new groups" update, which is
pretty quick for getting a new group set up. Seemingly the hijacker
seems to have failed in his/her attempt to put a spanner in the works
- well done, Foxeye :)

Palindrome
21 answers Last reply
More about games everquest2

    "Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

    > This just became available when I did a "new groups" update, which is
    > pretty quick for getting a new group set up. Seemingly the hijacker
    > seems to have failed in his/her attempt to put a spanner in the works
    > - well done, Foxeye :)

    Wasn't this the ng that was done without a Charter? Not sure what kind of
    traction that's going to get.

    --
    Redbeard
    <Veritas>

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

    "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message

    > "Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >> This just became available when I did a "new groups" update, which is
    >> pretty quick for getting a new group set up. Seemingly the hijacker
    >> seems to have failed in his/her attempt to put a spanner in the works
    >> - well done, Foxeye :)
    >
    > Wasn't this the ng that was done without a Charter? Not sure what kind of
    > traction that's going to get.

    picked up by my news provider, along with
    alt.games.everquest2.jerelyn-foxeye, alt.games.everquest2.piss-pot,
    alt.games.everquest2a, alt.games.everquest3, alt.games.everquest4, and
    alt.games.everquest5

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:29:00 -0800, "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE>
    wrote:

    >Wasn't this the ng that was done without a Charter? Not sure what kind of
    >traction that's going to get.

    Not available at GigaNews at this time.

    Best regards,

    Tim ==

    (substitute 'tcsys.com' for 'nospam.co.uk')
    _________________

    Seeq Endestroi
    Paladin of Mithanial Marr, The Rathe
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=507035

    Visit the Surrender Dorothy web ! (http://dorothyrocks.com)
    Visit the Crunch Monkey web ! (http://crunchmonkey.com)

    "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in

    > "Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >> This just became available when I did a "new groups" update, which is
    >> pretty quick for getting a new group set up. Seemingly the hijacker
    >> seems to have failed in his/her attempt to put a spanner in the works
    >> - well done, Foxeye :)
    >
    > Wasn't this the ng that was done without a Charter? Not sure what kind
    > of traction that's going to get.

    Time will tell. So far, my news provider has not picked it up.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>
    Graeme, 15 Dwarven Shaman, 13 Scholar

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Zarris wrote:

    > "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> This just became available when I did a "new groups" update, which is
    > >> pretty quick for getting a new group set up. Seemingly the hijacker
    > >> seems to have failed in his/her attempt to put a spanner in the works
    > >> - well done, Foxeye :)
    > >
    > > Wasn't this the ng that was done without a Charter? Not sure what kind of
    > > traction that's going to get.
    > >

    > picked up by my news provider, along with
    > alt.games.everquest2.jerelyn-foxeye, alt.games.everquest2.piss-pot,
    > alt.games.everquest2a, alt.games.everquest3, alt.games.everquest4, and
    > alt.games.everquest5

    /sad sigh

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Jerelyn Foxeye -- http://www.foxeye-art.com

    On Antonia Bayle (EQ):
    [18 Iksar Cleric] Viizanafyaeth
    [6 High Elf Fighter] Foxeye

    On Order (Horizons):
    [10 Monk/Druid Saris] Foxeye

    "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in
    >

    > > "Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> This just became available when I did a "new groups" update, which is
    > >> pretty quick for getting a new group set up. Seemingly the hijacker
    > >> seems to have failed in his/her attempt to put a spanner in the works
    > >> - well done, Foxeye :)
    > >
    > > Wasn't this the ng that was done without a Charter? Not sure what kind
    > > of traction that's going to get.
    > >

    > Time will tell. So far, my news provider has not picked it up.

    Not here either.

    --
    Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
    Talynne - Half Elf Rogue on Guk

    A thousand monkeys banging on keyboards posted the following under the
    name Foxeye Vaeltaja <foxeye@EEKSPAM.com>:

    >On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Zarris wrote:
    >
    >> "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

    >> > Wasn't this the ng that was done without a Charter? Not sure what kind of
    >> > traction that's going to get.
    >> >

    >> picked up by my news provider, along with
    >> alt.games.everquest2.jerelyn-foxeye, alt.games.everquest2.piss-pot,
    >> alt.games.everquest2a, alt.games.everquest3, alt.games.everquest4, and
    >> alt.games.everquest5
    >
    >/sad sigh

    Make a rec group next time.

    --

    "Why stop now, just when I'm hating it?" - Marvin

    "It's certainly not a "memory leak." - 'shadows', my latest stalker
    "No one said it wasn't a memory leak." - 'shadows' a few posts later

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Ben Sisson wrote:

    > Make a rec group next time.

    That would certainly solve the problem of "which one is a.g.e?".

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    "Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in news:RU6rd.4897$6K5.3595
    @newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

    > "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >> "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in
    >>

    >> > "Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

    >> > Wasn't this the ng that was done without a Charter? Not sure what kind
    >> > of traction that's going to get.
    >> >

    >> Time will tell. So far, my news provider has not picked it up.
    >>

    > Not here either.

    Nor here.

    --
    Rumble

    "The floggings will continue until morale improves."
    -- Blackbeard

    Zarris wrote:
    > "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>

    >>>This just became available when I did a "new groups" update, which is
    >>>pretty quick for getting a new group set up. Seemingly the hijacker
    >>>seems to have failed in his/her attempt to put a spanner in the works
    >>>- well done, Foxeye :)
    >>
    >>Wasn't this the ng that was done without a Charter? Not sure what kind of
    >>traction that's going to get.
    >>

    > picked up by my news provider, along with
    > alt.games.everquest2.jerelyn-foxeye, alt.games.everquest2.piss-pot,
    > alt.games.everquest2a, alt.games.everquest3, alt.games.everquest4, and
    > alt.games.everquest5

    Not picked up by my server... (I think we're through Giganews at my ISP now)

    While digging out a new addition to the Den, DaFox found a scrap of parchment. On it,
    Palindrome <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

    >Hi All :)
    >
    >This just became available when I did a "new groups" update, which is
    >pretty quick for getting a new group set up. Seemingly the hijacker
    >seems to have failed in his/her attempt to put a spanner in the works
    >- well done, Foxeye :)
    >

    >Palindrome

    It's now on AirNews.

    --

    Dira Idgit , Gnomish Necromancer at large.
    Cazic Thule

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:56:49 GMT, "Davian"
    <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote:

    >> Time will tell. So far, my news provider has not picked it up.
    >>

    >Not here either.

    I posted in there to test it out, and have a reply, so it's getting
    there :)

    Palindrome

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:23:17 -0700, "Zarris" <goaway@spammer.com>
    wrote:

    >"Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> This just became available when I did a "new groups" update, which is
    >>> pretty quick for getting a new group set up. Seemingly the hijacker
    >>> seems to have failed in his/her attempt to put a spanner in the works
    >>> - well done, Foxeye :)
    >>
    >> Wasn't this the ng that was done without a Charter? Not sure what kind of
    >> traction that's going to get.
    >>

    >picked up by my news provider, along with
    >alt.games.everquest2.jerelyn-foxeye, alt.games.everquest2.piss-pot,
    >alt.games.everquest2a, alt.games.everquest3, alt.games.everquest4, and
    >alt.games.everquest5

    Wow, someone REALLY got a bit miffed, didn't they, making that lot!

    Palindrome

    > On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:56:49 GMT, "Davian"
    > <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote:
    >
    >>> Time will tell. So far, my news provider has not picked it up.
    >>>

    >>Not here either.
    >
    > I posted in there to test it out, and have a reply, so it's getting
    > there :)

    Not terribly helpful for those of us whose providers have not picked it up
    however. Guess I should dig up the info on requesting them to pick it up.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>
    Graeme, 15 Dwarven Shaman, 13 Scholar

    On 1 Dec 2004 15:02:27 GMT, Graeme Faelban
    <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

    >Palindrome <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in

    >>>Not here either.
    >>
    >> I posted in there to test it out, and have a reply, so it's getting
    >> there :)
    >>

    >Not terribly helpful for those of us whose providers have not picked it up
    >however. Guess I should dig up the info on requesting them to pick it up.

    I would think it likely it will pop up one day soon, even if you can't
    dig the info out. Tiscali isn't a bad ISP, by any means, but they're
    nothing out of the ordinary.

    Palindrome

    > On 1 Dec 2004 15:02:27 GMT, Graeme Faelban
    > <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Palindrome <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in

    >>> I posted in there to test it out, and have a reply, so it's getting
    >>> there :)
    >>>

    >>Not terribly helpful for those of us whose providers have not picked
    >>it up however. Guess I should dig up the info on requesting them to
    >>pick it up.
    >
    > I would think it likely it will pop up one day soon, even if you can't
    > dig the info out. Tiscali isn't a bad ISP, by any means, but they're
    > nothing out of the ordinary.

    Pretty sure that individual.net waits until someone actually asks for a
    newsgroup to be picked up.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>
    Graeme, 16 Dwarven Shaman, 14 Scholar

    "Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:23:17 -0700, "Zarris" <goaway@spammer.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

    > >> Wasn't this the ng that was done without a Charter? Not sure what kind
    of
    > >> traction that's going to get.
    > >>

    > >picked up by my news provider, along with
    > >alt.games.everquest2.jerelyn-foxeye, alt.games.everquest2.piss-pot,
    > >alt.games.everquest2a, alt.games.everquest3, alt.games.everquest4, and
    > >alt.games.everquest5
    >
    > Wow, someone REALLY got a bit miffed, didn't they, making that lot!

    On the other hand, we're now covered:

    EQ2 for 2004-2009.
    EQ3 for 2009-2013.
    EQ4 for 2013-2017.
    EQ5 for 2017-2021.

    On 1 Dec 2004 16:10:01 GMT, Graeme Faelban
    <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

    >Palindrome <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in

    >> I would think it likely it will pop up one day soon, even if you can't
    >> dig the info out. Tiscali isn't a bad ISP, by any means, but they're
    >> nothing out of the ordinary.
    >>

    >Pretty sure that individual.net waits until someone actually asks for a
    >newsgroup to be picked up.
    Yes, they would likely do that, since they work out of a University,
    bless 'em. I use them as well :)

    Palindrome

    On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:13:04 GMT, "Ken Andrews" <gobble@degook.com>
    wrote:

    >"Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:23:17 -0700, "Zarris" <goaway@spammer.com>
    >> wrote:

    >> >picked up by my news provider, along with
    >> >alt.games.everquest2.jerelyn-foxeye, alt.games.everquest2.piss-pot,
    >> >alt.games.everquest2a, alt.games.everquest3, alt.games.everquest4, and
    >> >alt.games.everquest5
    >>
    >> Wow, someone REALLY got a bit miffed, didn't they, making that lot!

    >On the other hand, we're now covered:
    >
    >EQ2 for 2004-2009.
    >EQ3 for 2009-2013.
    >EQ4 for 2013-2017.
    >EQ5 for 2017-2021.

    Yes, it's an ill wind, and all that. Seriously though, you have to
    wonder at the mentality of someone who gets so upset over a group
    being formed that, in a fit of pique, they go to those lengths.

    Palindrome

    On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Palindrome wrote:

    > On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:13:04 GMT, "Ken Andrews" <gobble@degook.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

    > >> Wow, someone REALLY got a bit miffed, didn't they, making that lot!
    >
    > >On the other hand, we're now covered:
    > >
    > >EQ2 for 2004-2009.
    > >EQ3 for 2009-2013.
    > >EQ4 for 2013-2017.
    > >EQ5 for 2017-2021.
    >
    > Yes, it's an ill wind, and all that. Seriously though, you have to
    > wonder at the mentality of someone who gets so upset over a group
    > being formed that, in a fit of pique, they go to those lengths.

    It wasn't a fit of pique at all Palindrome, nor were they upset. These
    are people that target any and every newsgroup that gets proposed at
    alt.config, especially the ones that look like they might be legitimate.
    Their purpose is to simply cause grief wherever and whenever they can, for
    their amusement. I almost wish they were upset or did it out of anger at
    me because that wouldn't unnerve me as much (I don't like knowing that
    people who get kicks out of random acts of nastiness exist), but they did
    it simply because they could. The fact that I have a webpage in my sig
    that shows a "real face" behind it might have excited them even
    more...that's my guess anyhow.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:34:55 GMT, Foxeye Vaeltaja wrote:

    > /sad sigh

    On the bright side you're getting famous!!
    --
    RJB
    12/2/2004 8:58:23 AM

    Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in
    the country.
    -Marion Barry, Mayor, Washington, D.C.

Games Video Games