Change / Remove flashes a window then exits

When I hit "Change/Remove" for several programs in "Add/Remove Programs" a
windows flashes very quickly then dissappears and the uninstall doesn't start.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

gf

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

would help to know what the program is....there are several malware programs
that do that--they block your ability to uninstall.

"barge" <barge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I hit "Change/Remove" for several programs in "Add/Remove Programs" a
> windows flashes very quickly then dissappears and the uninstall doesn't
start.

> Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have the same problem help

"barge" wrote:

> When I hit "Change/Remove" for several programs in "Add/Remove Programs" a
> windows flashes very quickly then dissappears and the uninstall doesn't start.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this?

"Dewey" wrote:having same problem when trying to install quicken 2005 said i
hgad to deinstall 2004 first. encountered the flash of install wizard and
nothing happen had several garus mytified . tonight i tryed to reinstall q
2004 and got the same messege to deinstall first BUT this time it worked and
now i was able to install q 2005. and dinstall working good now. i have
been working with this problem two wks . who knows why???

> I have the same problem help
>
> "barge" wrote:
>
> > When I hit "Change/Remove" for several programs in "Add/Remove Programs" a
> > windows flashes very quickly then dissappears and the uninstall doesn't start.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to fix this?

TRENDING THREADS