I'm using 2 OSes on my PC.
1st is my main OS - WinXP Pro (Installed on drive D),
2nd is my backup OS - WinME (Installed on drive C).

I had many problems with the WinME so I like to remove the WinME by deleting
the windows and program files folder on drive C and somehow move my main OS
from drive D to C.

Is there a simple way to do it without reinstalling my WinXP on drive C?

I managed to make a ghost image from drive D and restore the following
folders (not the whole image) to drive C: "Documents and Settings", "Program
Files", "Windows".
And I changed all the records in the registry (from the RegEdit) that had
links from drive D to drive C.

most of the application work fine, but there are still couple programs that
do not work.

Is there a way to make it more clean and easy?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Accessories > System Tools > Files and Settings Transfer Wizard

"Alex Levi" <AlexLevi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using 2 OSes on my PC.
> 1st is my main OS - WinXP Pro (Installed on drive D),
> 2nd is my backup OS - WinME (Installed on drive C).
>
> I had many problems with the WinME so I like to remove the WinME by
> deleting
> the windows and program files folder on drive C and somehow move my main
> OS
> from drive D to C.
>
> Is there a simple way to do it without reinstalling my WinXP on drive C?
>
> I managed to make a ghost image from drive D and restore the following
> folders (not the whole image) to drive C: "Documents and Settings",
> "Program
> Files", "Windows".
> And I changed all the records in the registry (from the RegEdit) that had
> links from drive D to drive C.
>
> most of the application work fine, but there are still couple programs
> that
> do not work.
>
> Is there a way to make it more clean and easy?

This may work at best sporadically for many applications, but your best bet
is to format and reinstall clean windows and all applications on the C:
drive, as the method you've chosen, just moving everything from C: to D:
does not correct the thousands of registry entries containing D: path/folder
names, that now lie on C: after the move.

--
"SpongeBob SquarePants"
"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"

Small Note: If you want to learn how to fix/do something, I'll point you to
it, but if you want me to do your work for you, it will cost you $50 USD per
hour - your choice.

"Alex Levi" <AlexLevi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using 2 OSes on my PC.
> 1st is my main OS - WinXP Pro (Installed on drive D),
> 2nd is my backup OS - WinME (Installed on drive C).
>
> I had many problems with the WinME so I like to remove the WinME by
> deleting
> the windows and program files folder on drive C and somehow move my main
> OS
> from drive D to C.
>
> Is there a simple way to do it without reinstalling my WinXP on drive C?
>
> I managed to make a ghost image from drive D and restore the following
> folders (not the whole image) to drive C: "Documents and Settings",
> "Program
> Files", "Windows".
> And I changed all the records in the registry (from the RegEdit) that had
> links from drive D to drive C.
>
> most of the application work fine, but there are still couple programs
> that
> do not work.
>
> Is there a way to make it more clean and easy?

TRENDING THREADS