outlook express security

After downloading SP2 I tried to open an attachment in Outlook Express and a
prompt appeared with a check mark in a box that said always ask before
opening this file. Well I accidentally removed the check mark and now
whenever I click on an email attachment it automatically opens and it never
prompts me to save or open. How do I bring back the prompt to open or save
file?

Jimmy

In Outlook Express click Tools on the main Toolbar. From the drop down menu
select Option. In the Options window click the Security tab. At the top of
the window you will see a section marked 'Virus protection' Look for the
option marked 'Do not allow atatchments to be saved or opened that could
potentially be a virus' Make sure that this is enabled by placing a 'tick'
in the box to the left of the option. Finally clcik the Apply button and
then the Ok button to exit.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"big jim" <jims@nospamisp.com> wrote in message
> After downloading SP2 I tried to open an attachment in Outlook Express and
> a prompt appeared with a check mark in a box that said always ask before
> opening this file. Well I accidentally removed the check mark and now
> whenever I click on an email attachment it automatically opens and it
> never prompts me to save or open. How do I bring back the prompt to open
> or save file?
>
> Jimmy

Those security settings are correctly set but I noticed that there is a
check in restricted sites zone and the apply button is highlighted as if you
need to click on it so when I click on it nothing happens to change it. I
can uncheck the restricted sites and then it will allow me to click apply
then I put it back on restricted zone and click apply then close the options
window but when I reopen the options window its waiting for me to click
apply again and does not respond if I click it again .

Jimmy