LOST MY DESKTOP

after running windows update, background comes up but no icons, no start
menu.. the following error message "the procedure entry point SHCreate
ThreadRef could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll"
appreciate anyone's help on this so I can get my computer back.
--
WJ

hardhead

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2003

you ofcourse made a restore point before downloading the
update. use it.

Explorer.EXE - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry point
http://weblogs.asp.net/oldnewthing/archive/2004/10/14/242241.aspx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User