extended warranty???

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.laptops (More info?)

hi..
i am interested to find out if people purchase the extended warranty (2
additional yrs after the 1st yr from hp) for hp laptops???

will- bc canada
5 answers Last reply
More about extended warranty
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.laptops (More info?)

    W Chan wrote:
    > hi..
    > i am interested to find out if people purchase the extended warranty (2
    > additional yrs after the 1st yr from hp) for hp laptops???
    >
    > will- bc canada

    Do it
    Very worthwhile insurance
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.laptops (More info?)

    i plan to get the hp d4170ca pavillion notebook..
    wud u recommend purchasing the extended warranty from the retailer (such as
    London Drug, Best Buy...etc.) or directly from HP??

    w.

    --

    "Graeme" <graemeABC@bigpond.NOSPAM.net.au> wrote in message
    > W Chan wrote:
    > > hi..
    > > i am interested to find out if people purchase the extended warranty (2
    > > additional yrs after the 1st yr from hp) for hp laptops???
    > >
    > > will- bc canada
    > >

    > Do it
    > Very worthwhile insurance
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.laptops (More info?)

    W Chan wrote:
    > i plan to get the hp d4170ca pavillion notebook..
    > wud u recommend purchasing the extended warranty from the retailer
    > (such as London Drug, Best Buy...etc.) or directly from HP??
    >
    > w.
    >

    > "Graeme" <graemeABC@bigpond.NOSPAM.net.au> wrote in message
    >> W Chan wrote:
    >>> hi..
    >>> i am interested to find out if people purchase the extended
    >>> warranty (2 additional yrs after the 1st yr from hp) for hp
    >>> laptops???
    >>>
    >>> will- bc canada
    >>>

    >> Do it
    >> Very worthwhile insurance

    Always purchase the warranty from the manufacturer, given the choice.
    Retail store warranty service is often at the hands of a third-party
    that might not have timely access to parts or be satisfied with a
    "replacement in kind" outside of your control.

  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.laptops (More info?)

    It would be cheaper to just purchase your laptop with a gold or platinum
    VISA or Master Card. They will automatcally extend the 1 year warranty to
    two years. I had the motherboard on one of my Pavilions take a dive six
    months after the one year warranty. I had to take it to the local computer
    repair shop, but VISA reimbursed me the $366 it cost to get it fixed.
    "W Chan" <yvrwfc@shaw.caca> wrote in message
    > hi..
    > i am interested to find out if people purchase the extended warranty (2
    > additional yrs after the 1st yr from hp) for hp laptops???
    >
    > will- bc canada

  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.laptops (More info?)

    I agree w/the others. Get it. Just be careful 99% of HP tech support is in
    India. And they aren't exactly the brightest bulbs in the pack.

    "W Chan" <yvrwfc@shaw.caca> wrote in message
    > hi..
    > i am interested to find out if people purchase the extended warranty (2
    > additional yrs after the 1st yr from hp) for hp laptops???
    >
    > will- bc canada

Hewlett Packard Laptops Hardware Computers