Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 upgrade

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
September 29, 2010 7:30:53 PM

Hello,
I WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE FROM Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit) TO WINDOWS 7..

WHEN I RUN WINDOWS 7 UPGRADE ADVISOR IT IS TELLING ME THAT I HAVE A COMPATIBILITY ISSUE WITH " Intel(R) Management Engine Interface"
(I did buy the windows 7 upgrade)

I HAVE NOT HAD ANY LUCK SEARCHING THE INTEL OR MICROSOFT WEB SITES FOR ANY UPDATES,& AM A LITTLE HESITANT TO LOAD 7 UP WITHOUT AN ANSWER. CAN SOMEONE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ??

my systems is a GATEWAY FX7024
INTEL Q6600 (2.40GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 8MB cache)
3072MB 667MHz Dual-Channel DDR2 SDRAM
500GB 7200rpm Serial ATA II/300
NVIDIA® GeForce 8800GT 512MB Factory Overclocked
Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit) Service Pack 2

More about : windows upgrade

a b $ Windows 7
a b å Intel
September 29, 2010 9:02:16 PM

Advisor is looking at your current set of drivers and noted the problem if you performed an upgrade.
The way I see it is you have two options.
(1) Locate and Download the newer driver for your Intel G33 chipset
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&expIds=17259,25980,26102,2...(R)+Management+Engine+Interface%22+&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=9d0c1e98af9eb6bd
Or
(2) Do a clean install and let windows load a uSoft generic driver. Win 7 is pretty good in this respect. The problem is that you would then have to also re-install all of your own programs. Also doing a clean install using the upgrade version (You are legal in doing this as you have a valid qualifing OP) uSoft make life difficult in there are two hoops you have to jump through - Will explain if this is the route you choice)

Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
September 29, 2010 11:37:51 PM

thanks for the input, i am not that computer savvy (just know enough to be dangerous) i will continue my search for the driver ....
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
September 29, 2010 11:38:44 PM

RetiredChief said:
Advisor is looking at your current set of drivers and noted the problem if you performed an upgrade.
The way I see it is you have two options.
(1) Locate and Download the newer driver for your Intel G33 chipset
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&expIds=17259,25980,26102,2...(R)+Management+Engine+Interface%22+&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=9d0c1e98af9eb6bd
Or
(2) Do a clean install and let windows load a uSoft generic driver. Win 7 is pretty good in this respect. The problem is that you would then have to also re-install all of your own programs. Also doing a clean install using the upgrade version (You are legal in doing this as you have a valid qualifing OP) uSoft make life difficult in there are two hoops you have to jump through - Will explain if this is the route you choice)

!