Sign in with
Your question

REAL- BF3 sysytem usage

Last response: in Video Games
October 10, 2011 9:10:32 PM

this is a tough one...

The Intel Core i7-930 processor is no slouch, it has four physical cores and eight virtual processor cores all running at 2.80 GHz. Yet, when simply spawning or in the middle of a fire-fight the CPU generally wavered between 40-50% usage across all eight cores. Memory usage was also quite high,

Memory usage was also quite high, requiring 1070 MB to simply open the game, and reaching nearly 1.7 GB during action play. If you're running a dual-core processor with a lower-end graphics card, don't expect to enjoy high-quality video settings unless you like slow frame rates.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

More about : real bf3 sysytem usage

October 10, 2011 9:26:37 PM

swifty_morgan said:
this is a tough one...

The Intel Core i7-930 processor is no slouch, it has four physical cores and eight virtual processor cores all running at 2.80 GHz. Yet, when simply spawning or in the middle of a fire-fight the CPU generally wavered between 40-50% usage across all eight cores. Memory usage was also quite high,

Memory usage was also quite high, requiring 1070 MB to simply open the game, and reaching nearly 1.7 GB during action play. If you're running a dual-core processor with a lower-end graphics card, don't expect to enjoy high-quality video settings unless you like slow frame rates.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

I have an i7 950 and saw activity on 6 threads, its nice to see that devs are taking advantage of extra cores/threads.

Caspian Border is a PC killer though, my 2 x 570's can just about max it with a good framerate
m
l
October 10, 2011 9:28:57 PM

4 cores 95-100% in Caspian, 95% in Metro, 95% gpu usage in caspian, 100% in metro, not hitting v-sync limit, only got a 470. Was going to take screen shot of second monitor but I forgot.
m
l
!