Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Will need for speed: the run work on my Dell dimension C521?

Last response: in Video Games
October 11, 2011 1:30:42 AM

I pre-order NFS: the run and I’m pretty happy that I got until I read the official system requirements of the PC version of Need for Speed: The Run I was a Sad about that but I know I could run it (or so I thought). Alex 310110 and silver quantum say that because of the frostbite two gaming engine it will not run which I think is a little strange, I have the minimum system requirements but not the recommended system requirements they also say that the gaming engine is very demanding and that my HD 5450 video card may not run it. So my question is this will this game run on my Dell dimension C521 or not?

Minimum System Requirements (PC)
DirectX: DirectX 10
CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equal AMD
Memory: 3 GB
HDD: 18 GB
Graphics (AMD): 512 MB RAM ATI Radeon 4870 or better
Graphics (NVIDIA): 512 MB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT or better
Sound: DirectX compatible
Input: Keyboard, Gamepad or Wheel
DVD Rom
Online: 512 KBPS Internet connection or better

Recommended System Requirements (PC)
DirectX: DirectX 11
CPU: 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad or equal AMD
Memory: 4 GB
HDD: 18 GB
Graphics (AMD): 1024 MB RAM ATI Radeon 6950
Graphics (NVIDIA): 1024 MB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX560
Sound: DirectX compatible
Input: Keyboard, Gamepad or Wheel
DVD Rom
October 11, 2011 4:15:22 PM

What are the specs of your machine again?

And beware of the "minimum system requirements" those are listed to let you make a general idea how the game interface looks like, but it will provide you with less than desirable frame rates and poor visual details. And also take into account that it'll use Frostbite 2 engine, the engine behind Battlefield 3.

But hopefully, it will work on lower end systems, just because the game engine will be optimized quite differently from that of Battlefield 3, because (I think, not very sure here) there will not be a huge world to render unlike Battlefield 3 maps. We'll have to wait and see, no one is sure right now anymore, not even about Battlefield 3, it seems.
Score
October 11, 2011 4:56:50 PM

Eldd said:
What are the specs of your machine again?

And beware of the "minimum system requirements" those are listed to let you make a general idea how the game interface looks like, but it will provide you with less than desirable frame rates and poor visual details. And also take into account that it'll use Frostbite 2 engine, the engine behind Battlefield 3.

But hopefully, it will work on lower end systems, just because the game engine will be optimized quite differently from that of Battlefield 3, because (I think, not very sure here) there will not be a huge world to render unlike Battlefield 3 maps. We'll have to wait and see, no one is sure right now anymore, not even about Battlefield 3, it seems.

CPU:AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+

RAM: 3 GB

HDD: 80 GB which will be replace by a the western digital 500 GB HDD

Video: Asus Radeon HD 5450
Score
Related resources
October 11, 2011 5:22:36 PM

It might just work, you know? Not the best graphics and/or details, but it should work; now I cannot say that for certain, but there still is hope, mate :) 
Score
October 11, 2011 5:42:32 PM

Eldd said:
It might just work, you know? Not the best graphics and/or details, but it should work; now I cannot say that for certain, but there still is hope, mate :) 

Right tell that to the alex and his 8800GT if is his video card.
Score
October 11, 2011 5:49:25 PM

ITsonic said:
Right tell that to the alex and his 8800GT if is his video card.

Everyone's entitled to hope, right? For instance, I hope I will be able to play Battlefield 3 in DirectX 10 mode at 1680x1050 resolution, but maybe that won't be the case... but again, I can hope :) 
Score
October 11, 2011 6:18:21 PM

Eldd said:
Everyone's entitled to hope, right? For instance, I hope I will be able to play Battlefield 3 in DirectX 10 mode at 1680x1050 resolution, but maybe that won't be the case... but again, I can hope :) 

right I have to wait and see.
Score
!