Windows cant find files that are there!

Please help... I am trying to download torrent files, but couldnt get IE to
find the links in temp internet files. So on advice I have tried saving the
file links to a folder on my hard drive and opening from there. I just get an
error message saying Windows cant find file....etc etc. The search facility
even locates the file on my PC but trying to open the file from the search
results table still produces the same error message! How can Windows claim
not to be able to find a file when the search engine even shows its
prescence?!
I'm at the end of my rope; any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks.

"Whitesnake" <Whitesnake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help... I am trying to download torrent files, but couldnt get
> IE to
> find the links in temp internet files. So on advice I have tried
> saving the
> file links to a folder on my hard drive and opening from there. I just
> get an
> error message saying Windows cant find file....etc etc. The search
> facility
> even locates the file on my PC but trying to open the file from the
> search
> results table still produces the same error message! How can Windows
> claim
> not to be able to find a file when the search engine even shows its
> prescence?!
> I'm at the end of my rope; any suggestions would be gratefully
> appreciated.
> Many thanks.

Don't just click the torrent link (or any other file download link).
Right-click, select "Save target as...", navigate to your download
folder, and save the .torrent file there. Depending on the bittorrent
application, either double-click the .torrent or open it from the
File/Open menu in the BT application. Use the Preferences or
Configuration in the BT application to specify the download folder for
the actual download, typically the same folder used for the .torrent
file.

Google Desktop Search allows users to search e-mail in Microsoft Outlook
and Outlook Express, chat threads in AOL Instant Messenger, as well as Web
pages viewed in Microsoft's Internet Explorer. It also helps users search
plain text, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files, among other things.

Free Google Desktop Search (Download)
http://desktop.google.com/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Whitesnake" wrote:

| Please help... I am trying to download torrent files, but couldnt get IE to
| find the links in temp internet files. So on advice I have tried saving the
| file links to a folder on my hard drive and opening from there. I just get an
| error message saying Windows cant find file....etc etc. The search facility
| even locates the file on my PC but trying to open the file from the search
| results table still produces the same error message! How can Windows claim
| not to be able to find a file when the search engine even shows its
| prescence?!
| I'm at the end of my rope; any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.
| Many thanks.

TRENDING THREADS