Can't install KB885884

Hi,
Did anyone tried to install KB885884 for Office XP running on WinXP SP2??
I'm having problems to install this update, it always fails. I looked up in
the system events and it reported error 0x80070002.

Does anyone know about it?
--
Without WinFS, Longhorn simply broke my heart, what a system it could be...
1 answer Last reply

    Some possibilities:-

    When searching for available updates on the Windows Update site, you see the
    0x80070002 error
    http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/default.aspx?ln=en-us
    This error may occur if there is a content mismatch in the DataStore folder.
    http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showarticle.aspx?articleid=17&ln=en

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310794
    "Error Code: 0x80070002" Error Message Cites License-Checking Issue After Upgrade on
    Dell Computer
    NOTE: This issue can be caused by any software that changes the default security
    provider. It is not limited to Dell computers or the Dell Assistant software.
    WinXP

    Could try:

    Go to start/run, and type: regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll
    OK, then when you get the successful message then type:
    regsvr32.exe licdll.dll

    or post to the WU NG stating what you've already tried and your OS etc.
    Windows Update newsgroup:
    or
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US

    "Airton" <Airton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Did anyone tried to install KB885884 for Office XP running on WinXP SP2??
    > I'm having problems to install this update, it always fails. I looked up in
    > the system events and it reported error 0x80070002.
    >
    > Does anyone know about it?
    > --
    > Without WinFS, Longhorn simply broke my heart, what a system it could be...

Microsoft Windows XP