dead mother board or dead CPU ? Help please

G

I put together a computer for my friend here are the specs.
Abit KG7RAID
AMD 1.4 T'brid
1.24 GB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
MSI Geforce2 Pro
3com Ethernet NIC
40GB Hard Drive
52x CD-Rom
24x/12x/40x CDRW
etc....

Ok, well I'll start from the begining. I first put all the parts together, I boot up the computer and everything seems to be going well, except for the floppy drive. The lite on it stays on, so I think that I just put the cable on backwards, so I power down, flip the cable, reboot, the light doesnt come on at all. I'm wondering what could be wrong with the Floppy, because I dont think i put the cable on backwards when i connected it to the motherboard, because the cable can only fit in one way. I go into BIOS to check on things, I go into Soft Menu and change my CPU to from the Motherboard's default speed, to 1.4ghz the speed of my cpu. I then reboot again, and I'm still encountering the same problem. I power down, mess with some stuff reboot and now im getting a message on screen saying that the CPU is "unworkable" enter softmenu. I try to enter softmenu, but everything is locked up. I power down very frustrated walk off and decide to come back another day. I come bakc the next day, make sure everything's connected right and take out some of the ram. I power up, and it says that I should have the RAM arranged from DIMM 0 and up. I power down, rearrange the RAM, power back up and i get the bootup screen, then a black screen with only a blinking cursor line thing on the top left corner. I power off, take out all the RAM except for one piece, power back up and now I'm not getting a picture at, all I hear is a series of beeps. I power down take out everythign except for the essentials (one stick of ram, the vid card, the hard drive, floppy and cd roms. I power back up, and the beeeps are gone but I dont have any picture at all. Thinking the problem could be with something i messed up with the CPU speed and the AGP slot speed in the softmenu, i discharge the CMOS and boot back up and im still in the same place.
This computer is driving me insane, Please someone help me. COuld i have a faulty Motherboard or CPU? Are the problems im experiencign aa result of me damageing the CPU or the Motherboard, (that is possible, this is only the 4th computer i've built, the first AMD one). I'm very grateful for any help anyone can provide. Thanks alot.

Montie

G

I think you should send components back to where you bought them, if it´s still possible.
Second, did you have any problems installing cooler to CPU? I was just thinking that knowing AMD´s "sensitive" core i thought that maybe you´ve damaged that cpu installing that cooler (happened to me once ;) and try that cpu in some other motherboard (and all the other components as well).
Building up AMD system is not that different from building Intel one, so i doubt that you´ve done something wrong (altough we all are humans..) Hopefully you get it working!

"Why the hell this won't work..." -Winterstorm