dialer pops up..help!!

I have xp pro on my computer and high speed cable internet, and I know how to
surf the net, send emails and use microsoft word...and THATS ALL. My problem
is that constantly I am getting a porn site pop up and place itself on my
desktop. I delete the shortcut but haven't a clue how to uninstall this
"program" that somehow applied itself to this computer. Now, I do have 3
males living in the house, but no one is owning up to downloading this...but
no one here can seem to get the d**m thing off the computer....it just keeps
arriving, totally unannounced and uninvited. Any suggestions from anyone?
I've right clicked the icon and checked the properties. Type of File:
application, Digital Signatures: browser plugin (under the summary tab it's
all blank)

Marnie wrote:
> 'evening Shenan
> If I download spyware blaster, will that solve my current dilema?
> Will I have to delete the program that's on my computer or will the
> great cyberspace gods take it away automatically with the downloading
> of spyware blaster? Sure do appreciate your help and advice.
> Marnie

No - not alone - please go through the (at least) 5 applications I have
listed in my text sent earlier.

Lavasoft AdAware, SpyBot Search and Destroy, SpywareBlaster, Bazooka and
IE-SpyAd are the apps I use to clean (AdAware, Spybot and Bazooka) and
immunize (Spybot, SpywareBlaster and IE-SpyAd) my systems against spyware.
You have to clean first.

--
<- Shenan ->

Hi

Please try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your
system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

Also see the following links:

http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Marnie" <Marnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have xp pro on my computer and high speed cable internet, and I know how
> surf the net, send emails and use microsoft word...and THATS ALL. My
> problem
> is that constantly I am getting a porn site pop up and place itself on my
> desktop. I delete the shortcut but haven't a clue how to uninstall this
> "program" that somehow applied itself to this computer. Now, I do have 3
> males living in the house, but no one is owning up to downloading
> this...but
> no one here can seem to get the d**m thing off the computer....it just
> keeps
> arriving, totally unannounced and uninvited. Any suggestions from anyone?
> I've right clicked the icon and checked the properties. Type of File:
> application, Digital Signatures: browser plugin (under the summary tab
> it's
> all blank)

Hello Will Denny
Thanks for responding...this is my first time trying a news group of any
kind, so I appreciate the advice about my annoying dialer pop up thingy. I
was reading earlier about spyware blaster from the javacoolsoftware site. Do
you think if I download that it will stop the pop ups from putting the damn
icon on my desktop? I can delete the icon but it says I need to use the
add/delete program to actually get rid of the program but my problem is that
I can't find where the tripleX program is hiding, and I'm not at all computer
literate! I feel like a computer virgin here now using this newsgroup.
Should I download spyware blaster?