mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
you just described the SiS chipset, ecs makes the k7s5a with it and it's probably the best SiS based motherboard out right now. you can look back and only find very few posts with problems about that board, but even those are usually just settings or something. i ordered one yesterday should get it by wed. though i've heard that the amd 761 is good. and if you want to chance it you could wait for the kt266a and see how it is?

ewww, put that thing away, you're in public!

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I can only sudjest what I have. I play UT and Abit KT7A-Raid does very well, better then my Asus A7M266 DDR board and it had great reviews.

G

Have had both the ECS board and a DFI AK76-SN. Both are good boards. The DFI has the AMD chipset and is extremely stable. More so than, in my opinion, the ECS SIS board. The DFI board is about $105. still not much money and has more OCing features, if that is important to you. The real difference in performance between the two boards will not be noticable in either gaming or more mundane tasks. One thing about the ECS board is-it smells. I think it must be the black pigment on the board. Good luck

Mi